Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Life In Lumber, Y3, W10

 Day 43:  Tues  $13061 sales

Was off yesterday, due to granddaughter A's 9th birthday. 

Arrived; immediately took over for K, and was steady for an hour.  Did pop count and prelim duties, and discovered my mop was still MIA, as was the broom and dustpan.  Went to lunch at 6, and when I returned, began the closing duties.  Was a nice, easy night, with only one real 'rush'.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  JHS tee, cut-off capris.  Took my Tools mask, but managed to get away with not wearing it.


Day 44:  $9861 sales

Arrived; took over for K and did pop count and prelim duties.  Began pouring down rain, and needed 2 o/r....one for discounted lumber and the other for a discounted tool.  Went to lunch at 6 and when I returned, discovered I was out of $1s, so spent the rest of the evening on #2.  Began closing duties at 7:30, and HC M cleaned me out around 9:10.  Returned items to Hardware and Plumbing, then clocked out around 9:30.

Outfit:  Purdue tee, cut off capris, and managed to get away with not wearing a mask again:)


Day 45:  $10,498 in sales

Arrived; hopped on #2 to help with the line, then got back on #1 after K left.  Things slowed down, so went ahead and did the pop count and prelim duties around 4:30.  Went to lunch at 6, then began closing duties.  I'm surprised I had more sales today, given the fact we were slower than yesterday!  Shift seemed to drag.  But HC M cleaned me out around 9:05, and had to return items to Plumbing, Electrical, and Hardware.  Clocked out around 9:20.  

Was happy to hear Mgr Gareth sing 'Honesty' by Billy Joel tonight at 'roke:)

Outfit:  Rebel tee, cut off capris, #3 without wearing a mask:)


Day 46: $12584 in sales

Walked in and greeted Marci, then discovered the Pro hours were cut.  D left at 3 instead of 5; Loader L was told to go home early; new trainee B was told not to come in; loader G was told to leave at 9:30 instead of 11.  Was in the 'suburbs of Hell', though loader W and G were in the '1st circle of Hell' during the shift.  

The ironic thing was, we really weren't that busy, but some people were buying a LOT of stuff.  Had one customer get 150 picket fences; another wanted 160 concrete blocks.  I managed to do my LU and my annual Safety Training during my shift.  Needed one o/r on discounted lights; while I waited, I hopped on C's register and rang up another customer.  Later, a customer had 2 boards 50% off, but after 10 minutes, I simply took off one of the boards and rang her up.

Didn't pull soda; I even left the sheet in the folder for tomorrow.

We DID get out on time, and I didn't have to return anything.

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, cut off capris, #4 w/o the mask:)


Day 47:  Saturday shift $12,078 in sales

Began shift with a customer telling me there was a cart with some expensive tools beside her car.  Brought them in...and security tag went off.  Deactivated the tadpole, then pushed it down to CS.  Wound up getting credit for a $600 RWD:)  Got to hang out with Cindy and Marci today; HC M also hung out with us.  Nice, relaxed shift.  C left at 3; I went to lunch at 4:30, and M left at 7.  Things didn't get really busy until 7:30, and had a customer with two carts.  No real issues today.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Black/tan shirt; cut off capris; #5 w/o mask.  Whoot!

No comments: