Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Life In Lumber: Y3, W13

 Day 56: $6246 in sales (5:30-close)

Due to my mom's hair appt, and two torrential downpours while driving (Veedersburg and north of Vincennes), didn't make it to work until 5:30.  Discovered Corporate's coming in tomorrow (Wed), so HC M told me we were staying until everything was spotless.  Was BUSY!  I did the pop count and prelim duties by 7, then at 8 began sweeping.  Did get sent on a 5 min pit stop:)

As soon as I got the doors locked, I finished putting away the carts, then finished sweeping up and mucking out under all the mats.  Earlier in the evening, M and I got the sawdust evacuated under Registers 2 and 3.  I couldn't get on my knees, so I held the power outlets while she did it.

Did a quick wipe down of the counters, then put the soda away.  Took my returns back....it was 'leave everything in Lumber' day....ugh.  Then put up my vest and gathered the rest of the soda and put it away.  Then went up front....clocked out around 10:30.  Decided I was hungry, so called D and S and we all met at Denny's.

Outfit:  Classy tee, cut off capris, no earrings.


Day 57: $8190 in sales

Arrived early, to get another bottle of Urine Destroyer and two totes, then began my shift.  Did pop count, LU, and AP4Me, and watched a Red Bull cooler being installed.  Yay.....one more cooler for me to inventory every night....

Shift went well.  Rain came and went; did prelim duties; Alexa relieved me for lunch, and when I came back, I put the pink sparkly duct tape on my broom with the clear packing tape over it.  A brought the soda; I filled the coolers.  Swept, then sanitized.  Had everything done by 8:30.  After we closed and HC M cleaned me out, I took the trash down, then took a plumbing piece to RTM.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Tools tee, cut off capris, small silver hoops.


Day 58:  $8357 in sales

Arrived; things slowed down slightly.  Had pop count finished by 4:30.  Was fairly steady all the way til 5, then got hit with an intestinal issue, and could NOT get a hold of D or W!  Called Mel; she was on lunch.  Got a hold of Marci, who went to my house, but no one was home!  So I scrubbed my capris with baby wipes; threw my underwear away; changed into fresh panties (I keep one pair in my locker), and pulled on my damp capris, and went back to Lumber.  At 6:15, Alexa relieved me, so I informed HC E I was headed home to change.  Tossed my pants in the washer and went to McD's before returning to work 10 minutes late.  Rest of shift went well; got all closing duties finished and locked the doors at 9.  Found two items for HC M's internet order, then we clocked out around 9:20.

Outfit:  Gold tee, both pairs of capris.

Tomorrow....Payday and I'm off to the InConJunction Convention!!!

Friday Morning:

Called in and ended up speaking to Steve....who was none too happy with the news I was calling off  all weekend.  "This is unacceptable....that you would do this to us, on one of the busiest weekends.....you need to think about what you really want, and I don't know if you have a future with us..."

Okay.  1) I TOLD Mgr T and Mgr S about it; ALL the HCs knew I was calling in for the weekend.

           2)  Can they really afford to fire me?  I'm the only one who LIKES being in Lumber every night, and we can't seem to keep the new cashiers we train.

           3) As for what I really want.....I'd love for my conventions to pay for themselves....my paychecks cover my medical expenses and my travel, so yeah, I'd like to keep my job....but on the other hand, there are more jobs out there and other companies who are begging for people.  I don't think I'll have issues getting another job.

          4) I DID mention that I was only going to do this particular Con every other year from now on, to AVOID having to call in.

          5) There was a meme a few months back, concerning requesting days off and Mgment thinking they were 'suggestions'....ummm, no....if I request a day off, it's because I either have an EVENT or doctor's appointment, or my mom needs me that day.  I will make every effort to find a replacement; I don't like calling in!

I guess I'll find out Monday if they show me the door or keep me....they've already approved the rest of my July dates.  I'm still waiting to see if my August ones will be approved.

IF they fire me, I'll go to CVS, Walgreens, Hobby Lobby, or even Menards, though I really don't want to drive that far.  I'm still trainable....I'll lose my health/vision/dental insurance, but hey.....found out it's actually beneficial if I'm self-pay.  So I'm not exactly upset about it.  I have enough saved to make two months on my CC, and I think just one month without a job.  So I can 'afford' to be off the rest of the month into August, providing my sales help out.

No comments: