Monday, June 21, 2021

Life In Lumber, Y3, W12

 Day 51:  $10,640 in sales

Shift began on a good note; thought we had 8 closers.  But then realized we were down a few people, due to call ins.  Things were slow at first; was able to do pop count, prelim duties, LU, and AP4Me by 5pm, plus requested my August dates.  HC C sent me to lunch at 6:20, and when I returned, did the closing duties.  J took the trash out at 9, and I waited for two customers to finish loading their vehicles.  Word came down a customer was waiting for cabinets; Mgr T brought them down one at a time and J loaded the first one.  Mgr B came with her the 2nd trip, then closed the door and returned items to plumbing, tools, and fashion bath.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Had a customer drop $159 in cash; I gathered it up and wrapped it in register tape and tucked it under my notebook, but nobody returned to claim it.  Sent it to CS at 7pm.

There's speculation B's not gonna show up again tomorrow, since she's put in her 2 week notice.  A was also absent.  HC A told me they need to nip the call-ins in the bud; I said to wait until after my call-in the weekend of the 4th, lol!

Outfit:  Red LU shirt, original capris.


Day 52:  $8,881 in sales

Arrived to find Karlee on #2 and Kim working on the paint spill in front of #1.  Customer A needed an approval code, and so did my final customer, who, as it turned out, only needed to activate his card.  A was over the limit, so charged $310 on his card, and the balance on another.

Otherwise, shift was nice and quiet.  Did soda count and prelim duties, and at 4pm, was able to move over to #1 again.  HC C relieved me for lunch at 5:30, and before I went, took back items to Plumbing and Paint.  When I returned, began closing duties.  Had a rush at 7:30, and needed an override.  Mgr T came down and had to put the cash back in #2 to help with the customers.  I'd tried to offer to ring up anyone paying with a card, but everyone else was paying with cash.  At 9, Justin took the trash; I locked the doors; Mgr T closed out my drawer and after the 2nd forklift was brought in, went up front.  Clocked out at 9:20, after discovering we had a homeless man sleeping in the mulch.

Outfit:  Blue 'baseball' tee, original capris, small gold hoop earrings.


Day 53: $14,232 in sales

Arrived; rang up two customers and then the place went dead.  Did pop count and prelim duties, and chatted with C and D, L and B.  Alexa relieved me at 6, and when I returned, began the closing duties and swept.  Had a 'rush' at 7:30, and needed an o/r.  Rang up customers on C's register until HC A came down.  Needed another one an hour later.  Had a weird thing happen; in the middle of the rush, something triggered my asthma and as I was ringing up the customer, was trying not to cough too much.  My eyes were watering; voice went husky.  Finally they paid and I was able to step away and cough, blow my nose, and get a drink of water!  Final customer left at 8:50; I actually locked the doors at 8:59.

Right as I was heading to break, had one customer get a pallet of concrete, and another customer needed an entire bunk of OSB!  When I returned, Alexa was ringing up another customer getting a pallet of concrete, only taking 12 today and will be back for the remainder tomorrow.  I also returned items to Tools and Electrical before going to lunch. 

At the end, A took the tarp back to Seasonal. Also, Brittany and I 'entertained' a customer by belting out 'I Want It That Way' to the Musak!

Outfit:  Living On A Prayer tee, original capris, gold textured hoops.


Day 54: $7007 in sales

Arrived; things were a little slow at first.  Did pop count and prelim duties; was sent to lunch at 6.  When I returned, began closing duties and had to print three PL tickets....one for my concrete guy and two more for a huge order of Charlie's.  Sanitized the registers at 8:30, and final customer was at 8:45.  After HC E cleaned me out, took the trash to the hopper and returned items to Electrical, Plumbing, Hardware, and OSLG.  Clocked out at 9:35.

Outfit:  Indian Motorcycle tee, original capris, drop earrings.


Day 55: $9934 in sales

Arrived; was told a customer *might* return for his concrete and paint; however, an hour had already passed.  At 5:30, I pushed it out as a return!  Did pop count and prelim duties, and was sent to lunch at 5:30.  When I returned, I started sweeping, and took my time.  Was fairly steady from 7-8:30.

Saw BWG twice...once when I arrived, then again when he checked out through my lane:)  

Had a CFH at 8:30; they had 2 orders.  I told them to tell me what to ring up 1st.  They had an argument over which was which, then the wife pointed out what to scan.  As soon as I did, the man said not the brackets; fine, I took them off.  Then he says Tax Exempt.  Okay; I do that and we finish that transaction.

Then I move on to what was left.  Man starts to scold me, since 'you've already rung up the treads.'  I politely say no; I'd rung up 3 stringers.  He and she argue more, then he says to void everything and start over.  I said he'd have to take the 1st receipt to CS; he says no, get 'em down here.  Again, I politely told him I'd have to send him down there; he huffed and said they'll just take everything down.

Later, I saw Jillian, who told me they'd given her an earful about me!  LMAO....I gave her an earful about THEM!

Anyway, J took the trash at 9, and HC E came down a few minutes later.  I'd already given Trinity the paint, and B had taken the tools back, so all I had to do was take the tax exempts and loading tickets up to CS.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Flamingo tee, original capris, treble clef earrings, which lost one of the backs around 8pm.

No comments: