Monday, July 5, 2021

Life In Lumber, Y3, W14

 Day 59: $10,530

Arrived, fully expecting to be told I'm fired; written up; scolded.  None of that happened.  I was listed on the flow chart, so I happily skipped off to my register. Discovered Mgr T was off; Steve had left as I was coming in, and Scott was only there until 6.

We were busy....took over for EJ, and did the pop count (took me until 6 to finish it), and got the prelim duties accomplished. EJ relieved me at 7 for my 15 min break, and discovered all the hamburgers were gone.  Settled for a cold hot dog.  Didn't really have any difficult customers; just a steady stream.  Locked the doors at 9, and HC C cleaned me out around 9:15.  Helped fill the front soda coolers, then took the register tape back to Lumber. Clocked out around 9:40.

Had customer tell me they wanted the small bags of concrete, yet left the store with two 50 lb ones???

Managed to do both LU and AP4Me, and for fun, checked my stats.  Was surprised to see myself ranked #1!  Maybe this was my saving grace?  Or the fact I was told we really weren't that busy this weekend, but tonight we were?  Who knows; Mgr T returns tomorrow and maybe she'll have something to say to me about it.

Outfit:  White USA shirt, original capris.  

Day 60: $6314

Mgr T didn't say a word about my weekend disappearance, just joked about me eating a candy bar in front of her.  So far, I'm still good....

Arrived; finished pop count by 5:30.  Went to break at 6:50, and had closing duties finished by 8:30.  Jillian brought down the soda and I helped her fill it while locking the doors and waiting on B to bring in the forklifts.  Night was fairly quiet:) Clocked out around 9:25.

Discovered my August dates were approved!

Outfit:  Gray 'fire' and grace' tee; original capris.


Day 61: $8642

Arrived; bought some Downey sheets.  Shift went smooth, and wasn't really busy until the last half hour, when I was trying to put away all the pop that Anyea brought me.  Had to take most of it back to the soda storage place.  HC M loved her T-shirt and bath bomb!  Clocked out around 9:25.

Outfit:  Blue/white stripe tee, original capris, gold hoop earrings.

I don't work tomorrow, unless I get called in.  Off to the Imaginarium Convention Friday!


No comments: