Monday, October 4, 2021

Life In Lumber Y3, W27

 Day 112:  $7587

Arrived; was thrilled to discover Austin, W's bff, is now my loader:)  Rang up a few customers, then did pop count; J had already gathered the trash, so gathered the paperwork and did my LU and AP4Me. Was fairly steady all shift, but did manage to sweep and sanitize. Took my break at 7:30, and when I returned, put away the soda.

Had one customer with an issue; she paid cash for her tub, flooring, and vanity, and will return sometime this week for the toilet and fittings.

Customer B didn't have enough on his LAR, so will return for his toilet and fittings in the morning.

Was told Mgr BG put in his two weeks; Mgr Jess's last day was last Fri; and HC Aggie quit last Friday.  Mgr T put in her 2 weeks; wonder if HC M will take over her job?  HC N was promoted to Millwork, so now we're back down to 2 HCs.

Clocked out at 9:25.

Outfit:  Classy tee, cut off capris, starry night mask


Day 113:  $$7322

Arrived; J had already gathered the trash again.  Rang up two customers, then did soda count and LU. Had another rookie loader, AM, that C was training.  Discovered Mgr BW tested positive for CV, so he's off for another week.  Catelyn relieved me at 6:30 for break, and when I returned, did the closing duties.  Locked the doors at 9.

Outfit:  'Attic' tee, cut off capris, starry night mask


Day 114:  $7691

Arrived; did my LU before clocking in.  Got a $.19 raise!  Am now up to $12.95/hr.  I don't know why they just didn't go ahead and give me that final nickel to bump me up to $13/hr....oh well....next June I'll get it.  Approved my Health benefits for 2022....kept 'em the same.

Went down to Lumber and took over for Bill, then did the soda count and other prelim duties.  Alexa brought my soda to me before 6, so it was kinda nice to get it out of the way. Went to break at 7:30, and when I came back, did the closing duties.  Nice, relaxing shift.

Outfit:  Yoda tee, faded jeggings, blue tools mask


Day 115:  $2392

Arrived; did pop count and LU and prelim duties; it was pouring rain, so business was slow.  In fact, when I arrived, hardly anyone was in the parking lot!  A brought down the soda around 6:30, then relieved me an hour later.  Swept and sanitized when I returned, and locked the doors at 9.  

Received the nicest compliment!  EJ, one of our CSAs, is leaving us for another store.  She asked if she could hug me, and I said, 'of course!'.  She thanked me and said I was one of the sweetest people she'd met while working here:)  Told her if it didn't work out in her new place, she could always return!

Outfit:  Black Alaskan Hway tee, faded jeggings, Monet mask


Day 116:  $5277

Arrived, and did the soda count and prelim duties, then tried to make more soda count sheets, but printer ran out of ink.  Matt picked up the soda count and the paperwork; discovered Melissa 2 had been promoted to HC.

Met Tyler, my new rookie loader.  Went to break at 7:30, then put away the soda, swept, and sanitized.  Clocked out at 9:15.

Outfit:  Rebel tee, darker jeggings, Monet mask.


Day 117:  Rare Sunday Mid-Shift, 9-6 $13,084

Arrived, and ended up being on Reg 9 most of the day.  Had lots of people ask me, "What are YOU doing here so early?" or 'What are you doing up here?"  Told my lumber customers I was keeping an eye on 'em, ha ha!  Took my 1st break at 11:30, and did my LU.  Went to lunch at 2:20 and walked over to McA's, and returned an hour later.  Took my 2nd break at 4:15, and at 6, was sent to Lumber.  Helped Lee do a phone transaction, then shanghied Austin W into helping out for the next hour.  Showed him how to amend his timecard, then swept, gathered trash, and helped a customer with the plywood.  He wanted the $29 plywood, but it was ringing up (4 black stripes) at $36.  Told him I'd honor the $29 price, since it was mis-marked.  Victoria arrived with the soda, and after she put it away, I told her what needed to be done, and clocked out at 7:30.

Outfit:  Journey tee, cut off capris, Elephant mask

No comments: