Monday, October 25, 2021

Life in Lumber Y3, W30

 Day 126:  $7245

Today was more of a typical Monday, just with more sales.  Arrived; rang up two customers, then did my LU and AP4Me, then determined with only 3 closers, there was no need to do a soda count.  I just pulled everything forward and gathered the paperwork and trash. At 6, began sweeping, and went to lunch at 6:30.  When I returned, began the closing duties, and one customer decided to play 'which-plumbing-part-fits-what-I-need', and took 30 minutes to decide which combination of pipe, elbows, and fittings he needed before buying.  Needed 3 o/r all night; one for plants; one for flooring; and one for discounted doors.

Locked the doors at 9, and when HC Tall M cleaned me out, I walked her up front, returned an item to Electrical, and took my trash to the hopper.  Then put up my vest.

Outfit:  Colts jersey, dark jeggings, blue check mask


Day 127:  $6114

Arrived, and after ringing up one customer, did the prelim duties, except for soda count (we only had 3 closers again) and did my LU.  Then was slammed from 5:30-7!  Fmr loader Wally arrived; I 'held him hostage' until Mgr BW could come down to talk to him, lol....Victoria sent me to break at 7:05, and Kerri told me she'd seen someone acting sketchy, then BW from Plumbing confirmed the guy dropped some items and left, and that 'she made him nervous'.  Good for you, K!  After I returned, pulled trash and swept.  In fact, didn't finish sweeping until 8:30.  Did a quick sanitize of the registers and stools, then locked the doors.  When HC Tall M cleaned me out, I walked her up front, then returned items to Tools, Electrical, Plumbing, and Millwork, then put up my vest and took an item to RTM before clocking out at 9:25.

Outfit:  Bless This Mess sweatshirt, dark jeggings, blue check mask.


Day 128:  $5015

Arrived; my locker promptly 'bit' me, so after logging on and checking out three customers (B was backed up), I found a fingertip band aid for the middle left finger.  Things calmed down and I was able to do the pop count, but none was actually pulled, so I'll have it for tomorrow.  Did the prelim duties; went to break at 6:30, then swept and rang up customers until nearly 8.  Pulled trash ands sanitized around 8:30, and checked out my final customer at 8:58.  Locked the doors and brought in the cull packs, bothering my right hip in the process.  Returned items to Electrical and RTM, then clocked out at 9:20.  

Tonight is my Zoon meeting with a certain celebrity!  Hope I get to pick his brain!

Outfit:  Teal leafy shirt, dark jeggings, blue tools mask


Day 129:  $4279

Rainy, nasty day.  Arrived and took over for B.  Noted we had plenty of coverage, so did soda count and prelim duties. Ate most of the bag of cough drops; voice is starting to drop into the bass tones. Caitlyn relieved me for break at 7:30, and when I returned, swept and gathered the trash.  Didn't get things sanitized, since I was still sweeping at 8:30.  Final customer left at 8:58; literally locked the doors behind him.  Brought in the two cull packs, and this time had Loader AW help me, ha ha!  He took my returns for me, so when HC C cleaned me out, all I had to do was take the trash to the hopper.  Clocked out around 9:20.

Outfit:  Denim Halloween shirt, black v-neck tunic, 'bat wing' headband, Starry Night mask

My bat wings were a hit with both kids and adults:)


Day 130:  $???

(Forgot to get my sales stats; I was soooo busy!)

Arrived and helped B out. then things slowed down, and was able to get the soda count done and the prelim duties.  Things picked up at 5 and didn't slow down until Cait came down at 7.  When I arrived back, she was ringing up the only 2 customers she'd had....then I was slammed again until close.  Was able to pull the trash and figure out where the returns went, plus put the pop and snacks away. Only swept the highlight areas, then locked the doors; Loader AW brought in the cull packs AND fixed the door that HC tall M tried to break, lol!  Returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, Paint, and Fashion Bath, then put up my vest. Clocked out at 9:20.

Loader AW's brother and family stopped by, as did K, J, and B.  I got to hold B and ring up two customers while holding her:)  They were dressed as Incredibles, with baby B as Jack Jack:)

Outfit:  Halloween pumpkin shirt, black v-neck tunic, scarecrow hat headband, Starry Night mask


Day 131:  Halloween Day (rare Sunday)  $21,850

Arrived, and admittedly wasn't feeling 100%.  Hopped on #2 to help Jill.....and stayed there.  J went to break soon after, and I continued on #2.  Took my break at 1 when we got a lull, and S arrived with my belt (I'd forgotten it).  By the time I logged on again, the lines were backed up.  J left for lunch at 1:45, so I took over her register.  Was slammed....and at 2:25, a customer complained about not having 2 registers over.  I stopped, went to the phone and called for a Code 3 (croaked it out; my voice is going), and he thanked me, then thanked the guy who let him cut in line.  No one showed up to help, so I kept going.  J returned soon after, and I went back to #2.  When we got another lull at 3:30, I called to ask if it was okay to go to lunch, and was granted.  Went to McA's, and met the family.  Returned an hour later and was steady until J left at 6.  Then things slowed a bit, and discovered J had already pulled the trash.  I started sweeping, and at 7, sanitized the registers.  My final customers:  A had brought a cart with siding with a sign $32.  BUT, it wasn't for all 6; it was $32 per sheet.  A decided not to buy them. B had four H-carts full of lumber and one cart with other items, all totalling $1500.  C had $41, but had only brought $40 with him; I spotted him the extra $1. My lunber associate AW had a soda.  Earlier in the day, two gentlemen bought $22 worth of items, but only had $13 on his card, and $5 in cash.  I remembered I had my card on me, so I whipped it out and plugged it in....JUST as the other guy pulled $3 from his wallet he'd forgotten about!  So they gave it to me, and made up the rest in change.

After we closed, I locked the doors, finished sweeping, and helped AW reorganize the carts before putting up my vest.

Outfit:  'Spider Pirate' costume:  Pirate costume, Spider (Webster) headband; black jeggings, spider mask. 

No comments: