Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W4

 Day 17:  $3356

Arrived and discovered I'd be shadowing the new girl, Milee, and occasionally helping with the line. Around 4, I got my own trainee, Kelly, and she followed me down to Lumber at 5. B was invoicing a cull cart, so hopped on #1. Started the prelim duties...gathered paperwork and consolidated trash, and fronted the soda. Did have a rush at 6, and discovered I could not recall B's invoice when the customer arrived. Pro Se retyped everything in, then left at 6:30.  Em arrived; I turned everything over to her, and tried to set a customer up with the MVP Reward accoutn, but discovered he needed an LBA. Turned out he's just getting started, so I told him to come talk to the pros.  K and I went up front to talk to HC K and sent K to lunch; I went in the back to do my AP4Me and LU, and ended up also doing the Lowes Safety Review.  Clocked out at 7:55.

ASM K left at 4.

Outfit:  Gray V-neck, denim vest, new dark jeggings, LJs, thick silver hoops


Day 18:  $4464

Arrived and took over for B, then did the prelim duties and spot-swept. Things were a little slow. At 7, had a customer have me look up her card; nothing matched. They paid with a regular credit card, and went to dinner.  Mack sent me to break at 7:30 and when I returned, the same couple had also returned. Did everything in my power to help her out, then had to call ASM S, who discovered part of the issue:  1) she was trying to enter her MyLowes # instead of her LAC #. 2) In looking up her info, it was determined it was tied to her OLD ADDRESS.  Once we punched in the correct zip code, there she was! Also, ASM S showed her how to add her card to her wallet, which brought up the bar code. Problem solved!

Pulled trash at 8:30, and began sanitizing at 9. Spot-swept again and mucked out all the mats, then when ASM S cleaned me out, returned items to Drywall and Millwork, then took my trash to the hopper and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 4.

Outfit:  Lavander sweater, denim vest, new dark jeggings, LJs, thick gold hoops

I'm off tomorrow:)


Day 19:  $2499

Spent my four hours in Lumber; filled some of the soda before B left at 4:30 (he was in danger of OT, so had to leave early!). I did the prelim duties and rang up customers.  Dawson sent me to break at 5:45 after I finished with a customer who needed and o/r. Em arrived at 6; I filled the Gatorade and Red Bull, then helped a customer find a tool, did my LU, checked my schedule, emailed ASM S, SC, and Kylie about April 5th, and discovered I got another 22 cent raise.  I'm now up to $14.74.  Whoo hoo!  Clocked out at 7:30.

ASM K wasn't there, but discovered she's closing the next two nights.  Sigh....

Outfit:  Red/black plaid, faded jeggings, LJs, thick gold hoops


Day 20:  Rare Sat $6985

Ran slightly late, due to singing at 5pm service.  Clocked in with 2 mins to spare, then did my arrival routine before heading down to Lumber.  Em was happy to see me; I took over for her and after ringing up a few customers, did my prelim duties. Adrianne sent me to break at 8:15, and when I returned, did the closing duties and spot-swept. Gathered the outside trash, then emptied all the trash cans. Mucked out the mats and sanitized the registers and counters. Loader E1 brought in the concrete; I locked the doors at 9:55. Final customer left around 9:50. E1 took the trash, then as soon as New HC Celbie cleaned me out, and E1 returned, I closed the large door and walked her up front, returning items to Electrical, Tools, and Hardware. Put up my vest and discovered the carts were still beside the SCO, so Adriane and I hauled them to the front entrance. ASM K and HC C were still looking for the Garden $$ bags, which turned out to be in the safe. Clocked out at 10:35.

Teased two customers:  A had a paint roller refill, and her hubby was slightly grumpy, so I joked she could swat him with it.  He humphed, and I said, "I see it now...he fills out the survey....'cashier gives advice to wife to beat me'.  Then I was waiting on an o/r for a marked down door, and I don't remember what exactly I said, but I joked I was in a sassy mood.  Everyone got a good laugh about it!

Outfit:  Mama Bear sweatshirt, faded jeggings, LJs, textured gold hoops,


Day 21:  Rare Sun $9324

You know it's going to be a tough shift when you walk in and CS tells you to 'turn around and walk out while you still can'....it had been a sh*t show, with call ins and difficult, entitled customers.  Took over for Em, and things appeared to slow down; I even started doing the soda count, but had to hop on #2 after a few minutes.....and there I stayed.  #1 ran out of ones; HC J came down and showed me the 'distressed plants' button after needing several o/rs on plants. Mack sent me to break at 7, and when I returned, saw Chet and Marlene....then had a customer on the phone who kept asking me if I could email her the list, and I Could. NOT. get it through her head that that's what the PRO'S do, NOT me.  Her contractors finally walked away....I was close to losing my patience with her, due to the pain in my neck/shoulder, and the fact it was 30 minutes until we closed. I gathered up the trash and spot-swept. Locked the doors at 8, then opened the large door and waited for everyone to finish bringing in the carts. Loader E1 took the trash (I even emptied the outside one), then ASM K finally brought in the concrete. Took two tax exempts up front, then put up my vest. Clocked out at 8:30.

Found out I let a shoplifter get by me.  I'd had a woman indicate the bag and tell me she'd tried to return it, but didn't have the receipt.  I flagged down Kyle, and the woman looked nervous, but we let her go...THEN it registered she had a tool or something UNDER the bag...but at that point, I didn't care.  I didn't feel good, I was wishing I'd called in, and wanted everyone to just leave.  ASM K stopped me as I was coming back from the bathroom; Kyle had alerted her, so she'd looked at the tape.  "You didn't do anything wrong...but she's a known shoplifter."

Okay.

Outfit:  Blue sparkle shirt, faded jeggings, LJs, silver crosses

No comments: