Monday, March 6, 2023

Life in Lumber: Y5, W2

 Day 7:  $6785

Arrived and took over for B, then started the prelim duties.  Really had a stress-free evening; managed to sweep the floor and muck the mats before Kel sent me to break at 7. Returned and finished the rest of the mats, plus my AP4Me and checked my email. Spot-swept the rest of the area and fronted the soda. Final customer left shortly after 8:30; pulled outside trash and sanitized the registers and counters.  When ASM S cleaned me out, I walked with him up to the front and returned an item to Hardware, then put up my vest and took a pit stop.  Clocked out 9:50.

ASM K left at 6:)

Outfit:  Brown gauze, black vest, dark jeggings, Lt blue studs


Day 8:  $6497

Arrived and thought I was in Lumber, but was supposed to be up front.  I'd taken the Coke soda count sheets in and ran off 20, then put half in the Lumber folder, and taken the rest  up front.  Mack asked as I wanted to do Self Checkout or #10; I chose the register.  But first, I gave B his 2nd break, THEN went up front, and hopped on #10.  I took my break at 6:30, then went to Lumber to give Em hers. Mack took hers after that, so I was doing double-duty for 15 mins.  Thankfully, things were slow. Got the floor spot-swept and the trash pulled; Mack left at 9 (after driving me slightly batty with her energy-dancing and twirling around, and always going over to Paint or CS), and after HC K pulled my drawer, I took the trash to Receiving, then got the CORRECT bags for Lumber and took them to that area, then took a pit stop and went back up front.  Clocked out at 9:25.

ASM K had day off!

Outfit:  Bless This Mess sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, Lt blue studs

Off to Lafayette tomorrow!


Day 9:  $3469

Arrived and took over for B, then things slowed. Did the prelim duties, and had a small 'rush' at 6, but the rain was coming down, so the place emptied out.  Was able to write, then at 7:30 pulled the trash and spot-swept the floor, mucked out the mats, and sanitized the registers.  Realized no one had sent me to break yet, so called, but got no answer. Ethan from appliances came to get a soda, and I asked him to watch the register so I could take a pit stop.  He did, and after I returned, re-fronted all the soda.  Locked the doors at 9, then ASM S cleaned me out.  I took the trash to the hopper, then ASM K had me open the large door and said she'd stay while I took my returns.  Returned items to Electrical, Tools, and Plumbing, then put up my vest. Put the loading tix and the tax exempts in the folder, and clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Black baby cable sweater, red polo, new faded jeggings, LJs, Lt blue studs

Off tomorrow, for the hockey game Alex and choir is singing after 1st period!


Day 10:  Rare Saturday $10,750

Arrived and took over for Angie. Was slightly busy, but still able to get prelim duties done. At 8, I realized I'd not had my break, and my bladder was beginning to complain, so at 8:30 I called ASM S, and he sent Dawson down to cover me.  Returned items to Plumbing and Electrical, then took my break. When I returned, I pulled trash, did three LU videos plus quizzes, spot-swept the floor, mucked out the mats, and fronted the soda. After ASM S cleaned me out, and Loader E1 took my trash, I returned items to Tools and Hardware, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 6.

Outfit:  Lt gray IN sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, LJs, Lt blue studs 


Day 11:  Rare Sunday $1635

Actually had an enjoyable shift; was up front all of maybe 5 mins, when I realized there were 4 of us.  Asked HC J if I could go fill the Mt Dew and Pepsi in Lumber, so that's what I did. At 5, covered Mack's 15 half hour break, and she pissed me off.  It was 4:50, and I was gathering carts to take up front, when she went ahead and clocked out.  Fine; whatever,  Then at 5:30, after she returned, I couldn't find her, and she was talking to HC J. I then went down to Lumber to cover Em's 1/2 hour break, and was busy after the 1st 15 mins!  HC J brought down the Red Bull and Monster; I filled those coolers.  When Em returned, I filled the Coke coolers, then went back for the Pepsi and whatever Coke needed it. At close, I helped put away all the extra soda, then took a pit stop and put up my vest. Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit: Black V-neck tunic, yellow plaid vest, new faded jeggings, LJs, small textured gold hoops.

No comments: