Monday, July 10, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W20

 Day 83:  $14,998

Was called at 9:30 to see if I'd come in early, due to B being sick, and K on vacation.  I went in at 1:15, with a full 'convention hangover', and managed to work 8.5 hours.  Was tired; low energy; and hungry. Took my 1st break at 4:45, and when I returned, Cust. A was ready to check out and the pros were already gone, but at least J had invoiced everything except the 3rd transaction! Went to lunch at 6:45, and only took half an hour, due to being short-staffed. Came back and did my AP4Me, plus got a credit app. Took my final break at 8:30.  After I returned, finished my AP4Me and started the closing duties. I'd already done the prelim duties at 3, so pulled all the trash and sanitized the registers, and spot-swept. Locked the doors at 10, and after Loader N took the hopper, closed the door and returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, Tools, Hardware, and Flooring.  Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 6:)

Outfit:  Gold tee, new dark capris, Yukon Colors


Day 84:  $11,887

Was asked to come in at 3, due to B still being sick. Arrived, and was in a MUCH better mood!  Did the prelim duties, then at 5, when things died down, started sweeping.  Brea came down at 5:30 so I could take a pit stop, then Seb sent me to break at 7:15. When I returned, began the closing duties, and checked out maybe 10 more customers until my final one at 10. Sanitized the registers, did my LU, and mucked out the mats. Locked the doors at 10, and took the trash to the hopper when HC C and ASM S cleaned me out. Returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, Tools,Paint, and Hardware. Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:30.

Discovered I'd gotten a raise around March....$14.52-$14.76.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  Red LU tee, cut off capris, flower diamond studs


Day 85:  $10,970

Arrived at the normal time and took over for B, who'd had bronchitis. Did the prelim duties, as well as showing off pics of baby Ramsay, who was born this morning at 11:35, weighing 8 lbs, 6 oz, and measuring 22 inches!

Rang up customers, fronted soda, and swept the area.  Em sent me to break at 7:45 and when I returned, did the closing duties and sanitized the registers. Final customer left at 9:50.  Locked the doors; took the trash to the hopper and left Loader E and DS G in charge.  Returned items to Tools and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:20.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  Blue flowered blouse, dark capris, lg white hoops....until the back popped off left one and it fell out of my ear.  Ended up taking them off for entire shift.


Day 86:  $5565

Arrived late, as I'd been to the hospital to see Baby Ramsay.  Arrived at 5:07 and discovered I was going to have a trainee with me, T, whom I'd met on Momday in the Training room.  She knew her way around a cash register, so only had to help her with a few things.  Showed her how I close Lumber, and she helped with the sweeping. Knowing she was leaving at 9, I took a pit stop at 8:15, then we pulled trash. She left at 9 and I mucked out the mats and sanitized the registers and counters.  Final customer left at 9:45; locked the doors at 9:55. HC C cleaned me out; Loader E took my trash.  Returned items to Millwork, Hardware, and Pets.  Clocked out at 10:20.  ASM K didn't say ONE WORD to me all evening, not even a comment on my purple hair.

Outfit:  Blue/white striped tee, dark capris, thin gold hoops

Tomorrow....Off to Louisville!

No comments: