Monday, July 17, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W21

 Day 87:  $10,024

Arrived and took over for B, then was busy ringing up customers.  At 6, began the prelim duties, and had to print off a loading ticket. Did my AP4Me and LU. Around 8, began sweeping the floor.  By 9, needed a pit stop, so Haley came down.  When I returned, began the closing duties, and at 9:30 was mucking out the mats. Right before we closed, a customer wanted 25 boards that Pro J was supposed to have ready.  They weren't, so thankfully HC C was there to help come close to the price the customer was quoted! Locked the doors behind him. Loader W (on loan from LG) took my cart to the hopper, and I returned items to Aisles 21 and 10, Plumbing, Lights, and Hardware.  Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 6:)

Got an email from ASM S saying I was in 2nd place with 4 credit apps.  Emailed him back....."There's a glitch in the matrix if I'm in 2nd!"  LMAO.....

Outfit:  Gray LU plank tee, dark capris, thin gold hoops


Day 88:  $9178

Arrived; was busy for maybe 20 mins, then things died.  Did the prelim duties, filled bags, fronted soda, and did my LU. Popped into a friend's release party, and swept the floor.  Things picked up at 7, then at 8, Seb sent me to break, and when I returned, rang up 2 complicated orders, one waiting for the $$ guy to show up, and the other needing an o/r.  Finally got everyone rung up and out the door....then HC B asked me to do pop count.  At that point, it was already 9 and I still hadn't even pulled the trash!  Did it quickly (Coke and Pepsi only), then pulled trash and sanitized.  Didn't have time to muck out the mats. Dawson brought down the soda and I helped him fill what he'd brought. Locked the doors at 10.  Loader N took the hopper and brought in the concrete.  When HC B cleaned me out, returned items to Electrical, Tools, Aisle 10, Paint, Hardware, and Seasonal. Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  Brown blouse, dark capris, copper/larimar danglies


Day 89:  $6133

Arrived and was instantly busy; B left maybe 15 mins later. Things died down at 5:30, so did prelim duties, did my LU, and swept. Went ahead and mucked out the mats. Was sent to break at 7:30, but spent it in the bathroom and getting large trash bags. Sanitized the registers, and final customers left at 10 .Locked the doors behind them, ha ha!  After HC B cleaned me out, returned items to Paint, Hardware, and Electrical. Loader E brought in the concrete and took the trash. Had to take another item to Paint, then needed a pit stop. When I went up front, called ASM SC, who told me to zone until he got there, so worked until 11.

Jaylee's taking my shift Friday!!!  Told ASM SC to call me in, even if it's just to fill the soda.

ASM K was off!

Outfit:  Gray Purdue tee, cut off capris, sapphire hoops


Day 90:  $1971

Was called in to work appliances, and after being terrified for a moment, I watched ASM SC interact with customers and settled down.  Got one sale, and watched Katy from Flooring handle it.  So when the next one came, I thought I could handle it, got it all set up for delivery, and they paid.  Then ASM SC took a look....and I'd forgotten to ask about the delivery men hooking up the water, which would mean buying a hose.  Oops.  They're not going to be too happy with me on Tuesday....SC reminded me to please call Katy or him if another one took place.  Fortunately, it didn't.  I did help one couple who was 'just comparing', another man who wanted a small fridge in black, and would return the next day; a 3rd couple who were 'just looking'.  Went on 2 cart runs, finished Ch 5 of Sage, and took two stress-free pit stops.  Plus, while bringing in carts at the end, hopped on #2 and checked out one of my favorite customers, since Haley was dealing with a difficult one.

Good night!  I didn't check the schedule to see if ASM K was there or not.  Clocked out at 10.

Outfit:  Blessed G'ma tee, cut off capris, sapphire hoops.

Off to Lafayette tomorrow to take Mom to the eye doctor, then off to the Foreigner/Loverboy concert!


Day 91:  Rare Saturday $6486

Arrived and took over for Milee; did prelim duties.  Was in a great mood, and teasing all my regulars. At 8, a new girl sent me to break.  When I returned, started the closing duties and swept. Sanitized the registers and needed one o/r for marked down lumber.  After HC C cleaned me out, Loader N brought in the concrete and took the trash.  Locked the doors and closed the large door, then returned items to Paint, Hardware, Tools, and Pets. Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 6; never saw her.

Outfit:  Gray USA tee, dark capris (forgot to change them when I got home from Foreigner/Loverboy concert), blue sapphire hoops

No comments: