Monday, July 31, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W23

 Day 99:  $6363

Was called in early, due to being short-staffed. Was in LG until 5 (had 5-6 customers; one every 15 mins, lol...), then went to Lumber and took over for B. Was slow at first, so did the prelim duties, LU, and AP4Me. Brent, my ex-work hubby, showed up with his doggy:)  At 8:15, HC B came down and gave me a brief pit stop (no time for a proper break....means more $$ on the check!), and when I returned, pulled trash, swept, and sanitized the registers and counters, plus mucked out the mats. Tripped over the concrete pallet at closing, but didn't fall, thank god! Loader N brought in the concrete and took the trash, then HC B cleaned me out. Locked all the doors and returned items to Electrical. Clocked out at 10:30.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  Red LU tee, cut off capris, Ecquadorian danglies

Off the next two days to Lafayette for Mom's birthday and to take her to an appointment!  Hoping to get her storage units swapped.


Day 100:  $6834

Arrived and was told to take the survey, so did.  Relieved B, and was busy for half an hour before I could start the prelim duties. Rang up customers and swept, then was told at 8 that Jaylee 'quit'; she changed her hours of availability and basically availed herself  out of a job. As a result, HC K wasn't able to give me a break until 9:30, at which time my eyeballs were about to turn yellow. I'd already pulled the trash, mucked out the mats and sanitized everything, so all I had to do was check out the final 2 customers and lock the doors.  ASM K brought in the concrete; Loader E took the trash. After HC K cleaned me out, I returned items to Electrical, Tools, Paint, Hardware, and Flooring.  Put up my vest and we clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Black square neck blouse, dark capris, small silver hoops

Off tomorrow for First Friday, then going to St. Louis with Alex and her choir on Saturday (they're singing the Nat'l Anthem at the Cardinals vs Colorado Rockies game), and recupperating on Sunday.

No comments: