Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Meet Mikey and Pinky...




Mikey is the brown one, with cute pink 'Dumbo' ears. He likes me, for whatever reason. He also has learned how to squeeze between the bars of the cage. Thank god we saw this BEFORE we went to bed last night! Oldest son quickly threw together a wooden box large enough to fit around the cage, and put a loose lid on it. Got up this morning to my son opening the lid and saying, "Good morning, Mikey!"
(No, I am not holding them!)
Pinky is rather shy; he prefers to burrow into the small box we put in the cage. When he's being handled, he tries to crawl up shirt sleeves, pockets, or even in the armpit of the person holding him!
Thank you for cooperating, blogger....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What are they? Rats? I had one under the house I could have given you for nix

Molly Daniels said...

Yes...6-week-old baby rats. I refuse to hold them, though I will put Mikey back in the cage when I find him on top of the darn thing...

They need to fatten up a little so they can't squeeze through the wires!

barbara huffert said...

Rats, like mice, can disjoint themselves in order to fit through VERY small, seemingly impossible spaces. Don't bet that fattening them up will help. Sorry, not a rat person...you should take Kelly's kitten. They're all babies. Maybe they'll think they're the same.

Unknown said...

Seriously rats?

Molly Daniels said...

I know...I've lost my mind...but you gotta admit...they're pretty cute!

Unknown said...

No, they're not

Unknown said...

How adorable! They are super cute Molly.

XoXoXo
Dakota Rebel