Sunday, April 20, 2008

Soap #3...or is it #4?

Currently Reading: Finished The Perfect Cover last night. WOW! Even though it's M/M, there are some scenes which could apply to ANYONE! I loved this book! It's definitely going on the short (but growing!) TBRA (to be read again) list! Especially one of the last love scenes! Wonderful!

Next up: Taming Marie Antoinette, by Tilly Green.


I don't usually do this, but I'm going to admit to it anyway.

I tried a product endorsed by The Donald.

Last summer, I stated my frustration at the soap industry, because lately it seems my favorite scents have been disappearing from the shelves.

I started with Caress liquid. Loved it! And then they changed to aromatherapy scents; okay, I'm fine with that! I liked the lavendar/jasmine 'Relaxation' one.

After 3 months, I was couldn't find it, but they'd changed the label and the scent to 'Evening Relaxation'. Okay....I tried it and liked it.

Two bottles later, it disappeared from the shelves! But they had a Cream Oil scent. I sniffed all four and settled on the Moroccan. I hated it the first time I tried it! But being the frugal person I am, I stayed with it and it kind of grew on me after a while.

But when I was finished with the bottle, Moroccan was no where to be found. So went to the Oil of Olay shower gel, with the purple bottle. Again, didn't particularly care for the scent the first time I used it, but I got used to it.

When it began to get low, enter the TV show "Celebrity Apprentice" and their endorsement of Dial's new Yoghurt body wash.

My first reaction was, "You've got to be kidding me! Yoghurt? Yeuuuu...."

But when it appeared in the store, my curiosity got the better of me, and I sniffed it. Hey...not bad! So when my Olay bottle was empty, I bought the Vanilla Honey scented Dial.

And I love it! I'm thinking of stocking up....buying a bottle once a month...to ensure I'll have plenty for a while:) Hubby thinks I'm crazy, but hey...I'm a creature of habit who is tired of playing soap roulette!

What about you? Any products you wish would return to the store shelves? I'd also like for Gold Bond to bring back the wonderful swabs that killed athlete's foot.

Woo Hoo!

Kelly's on YouTube! Go to http://www.youtube.com/ and type 'Kelly Kirch' into the search. Go check her out and tell her she doesn't speak out of the side of her mouth!

Other Blogmate's Happenings:

Barb and I are making plans to room together in Orlando next year; Jackie and I are trying to convince my hubby that Cincinnatti is do-able; Stop by Jackie Roth's blog and see her good news; I've also added a new blog to the list. Dakota, you might want to check out Gracen's blog...it's http://www.deadlyvixens.blogspot.com/ (and if I got that wrong, check the link to the right!) Anny, Brynn, and Bron are on their way home; Dakota's special day is tomorrow; did I leave anyone out? Oh yeah...AJ's wading through massive amounts of emails as she's finally got her internet back after a week or so! And I tried to check out Jamie's new book, but the local bookstore was SOLD OUT! Hope my mom remembers to go to her booksigning in Lafayette May 31st...otherwise, I'll have to track her down for her John Hancock...

Plans Tonight

I'll be attending a workshop chat on the topic of Promotions tonight on the Novel Sisterhood Workshop loop from 8-10 pm. So time for me to get offline so I don't piss off the husband! Am fixing Tortellini for dinner...the kids have Youth Group from 5-7...I'll DVR Big Brother tonight and watch it tomorrow. So don't tell me what happends...I'm just thrilled that Natalie is GONE!

Oops!

I accidentally deleted everything on my DVR yesterday morning. Proof I should stay away from the electronics until I've had my coffee. I've lost my entire season of Survivor; the Giants' Super Bowl victory; my hubby's episodes of HorsePower TV, Trucks, and Ghost Whisperer (thank god he HAD watched Friday's!); the One Tree Hill episode from last Saturday morning's SoapNet. That's the 3rd time I've missed that episode! Somebody just shoot me...where's my do-over? Can I go back to yesterday morning, 7:30 am please????

I know....it's only a TV show...and it will be on DVD in a few months...

3 comments:

barbara huffert said...

I want the old Lemon Up shampoo. You're probably not even old enough to remember that one, are you?

Anonymous said...

Hi Molly! Thanks for dropping by my blog this weekend - it made my day to have people reply *lol*

And the first part of your entry here made me smile - the bit about even though the book was M/M it could relate to anyone...

Sorry, please don't think I'm not picking on you or anything *lol*, it's just that it made me think of how I had that very comment from a reader of my m/m novel Gold Warrior - that the themes and the romance could happen to anyone. I think that's one of the greatest compliments out - that the author isn't just writing to a genre, but that they make the characters and the situation come alive enough to step beyond that, and just produce a darned good read! And sorry again, I'm not boasting about mine or anything, I'm just speaking generally here ^_^ - it applies to all genres. Those are the stories that stay in our minds.

So enough of my rambling. have a great week and speak to you again soon!
Clare :)

Anny Cook said...

Met Tilly Greene at RT. She's a lovely, lovely woman!

As for products that keep disappearing... I want my old Folger's Mocha Fusion!