Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Stuff

Currently Reading: Am up to ch. 18 on MTW:) Was rudely kicked off the computer by oldest son...he was given a BSA assignment and chose to do it right when his dear old mom was just getting to a good part...the nerve of him! (Sigh...)


Olympic Update: In the Women's Gymnastics last night, the Chinese dominated. One thing I didn't get, however. If falling off the uneven parallels is such a deduction, why did the girl still manage to score higher than the one who was flawless? Was it simply because her routine was more complicated? And with all the problems Team USA had last night (Alicia landed out of bounds on floor exercise; Nastia fell during her uneven parallel dismount; Samantha was only able to perform on one apparatus because of an ankle injury; Bridget had multiple problems), and we still managed to come in 2nd? How bad were the other teams? NBC showed and talked about the Romanian team; what happened to the Russians?

As I told Sandra, my body shut down and demanded I go to bed at a 'normal' hour. But discovered this morning that USA had beaten the Chinese in Basketball:)

Bought school supplies for my teens yesterday and fixed my hubby a fantastic meal before packing him off to work. Today is all about getting back on track. I discovered that my September calendar is filling up FAST and need to make some phone calls, so I don't commit myself to a signing, only to find out I've already scheduled one on that day.

I may also have to order more books; I'm just about sold out. Which is going to upset the spousal unit...

I planned out the next ten weeks of my e-book buying, only to discover that I apparently did NOT SAVE the info, so I'll have to redo it. Argh!

Good news: My oldest has not needed pain meds for two days, and is pretty much eating whatever he wants again. His follow-up is on Wednesday.

Want to see his 'work of art' wall? Go to Jackie's blog www.jackierogers.blogspot.com and see how hard he worked the month of June! It's become quite the conversation piece in this small town!

I'm off to read the rest of the blogs, get dressed, and start making my phone calls. Have a good day:)

5 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Basketball was on in the morning with limited commercials. You need to take control of the remote and flip channels more. But last night you missed spectacular swimming. The French relay team who bragged they were going to "smash" us...didn't!

Sandra Cox said...

Glad to hear the boy is off pain meds and that your books are selling so well. That's great!

Molly Daniels said...

Yeah...I saw that on the news this morning! Foot-in-mouth disease:)

Thanks Sandra:) I'm down to 5 copies left. I'm going to try to order 10 more; that won't hurt too much...I've only got 5 more signings where I have to provide the books. My average is 4 per signing, so that should be enough!

Phoenix said...

LOL, Molly! Hang in there. School is almost on and illness is almost over. I'm glad K is doing better. Now. How is Mom?

Unknown said...

Glad your oldest is feeling better. And I'm in awe of all the book signings you do. My spousal unit gets upset when I spend any money, even to further my career. He's not very far sighted. (sigh)