Friday, August 8, 2008

The Olymics are Back! And the Date...

Twenty years ago, we were thrilled because it was 8-8-88; I was working at the country club, and later that week I discovered that my favorite customer had delivered an 8 lb, 8 oz baby girl at 8:08 on 8-8-88! I can't remember if the birth was am or pm; I'd have to dig through two storage units to find the scrapbook.

Tonight, the Olympics begin. I'm disappointed to learn that the Hamm twins won't be participating, due to injuries. The men's gymnastics should be interesting this year without them...

What are your favorite events? Mine is gymnastcs and diving.

Kids and I are heading home in a little while. As I said earlier, we wore out Grandma with the shopping!

2 comments:

barbara huffert said...

I love diving too. And everything else that I'd never even consider watching outside of the Olympics.

jackie said...

I haven't watched much since the situation years ago with the Isrealies. Dated myself there. Do they still have syncronized swimming? LOL

Actually I enjoy the winter olymics more.