Friday, September 25, 2009

Buckling Down...

Currently Reading: LOVED Drake's Rules! It's available at Cerridwen Press. Pay close attention to Chapters 7 and 10. Trust me; you won't be disappointed! Another Recommended Read:)

Next up: Gillian's Place, by Rob Graham. I've never read his work before, and as this is another long one, I might get to it over the weekend or early next week.


I'm determined to start chapter 5 today. Yes, I KNOW I said that yesterday. But when lunchtime came, I decided to plug in my e-book flash drive and read chapter 8 of Drake's Rules. Toss in a surprise Instant Message from a fellow author and suddenly I realized it was time to pick up the kindergartener! Since it was raining, I sent the spouse. And kept reading. Finally at 3:30, I finished.

Got up to get a drink of tea, switched out the laundry, and exchanged flash drives.

Wrote about 20 words and realized I hadn't checked my emails in a while. Admitted defeat on the writing for the day when my teens came home.

So today my goal is to write more than 20 words! Maybe I'll get at least a page in?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck with the writing. I'm determined to knock out the rest of my wip today. I'm anxious to start a new story.

Anny Cook said...

Congrats on the writing...

barbara huffert said...

Hehehe, glad you enjoyed it! Should I apologize?