Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"I (state your name) Am A Book Addict"

Currently Reading:  Finished The Red Queen, and from what I can remember, it was easier to follow than The White Queen.  There were a few moments of too-often repeated phrases, and I grew slightly bored at the end, but it wasn't bad.  I have no desire to read the third book in this trilogy.  I've already begun Jodi Picoult's The Pact, and am on the second chapter.

E-book:  Kellie Kamryn's Lost In Her Mind.  I'm finding this one hard to put down!  Really enjoying it:)


A post yesterday caught my eye, talking about her book addiction.  I commented about I had mine 'sort of' under control, and then I went off to my writer's meeting.

"Hey Molly, the library dropped off a few romance books today.  Feel free to take as many as you want."

"Thanks!"  I jumped up and went over to investigate.

I should say, before continuing, there are fourteen books waiting for me on my Kindle, and six more in print, plus however many is left from my grandmother's box from last December!  (It's buried under a bunch of stuff, and I really do need to go through it...)  So go ahead; do the math.  That's twenty-plus books in my TBR pile.  So what do I do?

I spot two paperbacks which call me.  They are set aside.  I pick up the next one.  Cover looks interesting....blurb on the back sounds good....I flip to a center page and whoa!  Encounter a bunch of Scottish words I cannot pronounce.  This one goes back on the shelf, and I continue.

Next is a Jude Deveraux book.  I've read this one; it was not one of my favorites.  It goes back on the shelf, and I congratulate myself; I have only two new books to cart home!

And then I realize what I've done.  Yup, broken my own rule about not getting any more books until I've read the ones I have.  And I'm still plowing through the BWSNBN!  So technically, that makes twenty-one-plus.  And now there's two more, so 23-plus.

And I found myself wanting to go back and get that Scots book....if it's still there next week, I'll get it.  But that's it.

Unless I can convince the spouse to let me buy Sommer's book; I found it on my Wish List.  I thought I'd bought it, darn it....

"I, Molly Daniels, am a book addict!  And no, I do not require an intervention at this time, no matter what my family says..."

2 comments:

Rhonda D said...

I am so right there with you. :) I love to read. I can't ever get enough.

Janice Seagraves said...

Oh, me too. Today I ordered another book from Amazon. It's one of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books. I get addicted to a series so easily.

I just noticed last night that I have fifty-three books on my kindle and have only read maybe an eighth of them so far.

Janice~