Friday, March 7, 2014

Flashback Friday: 1st Attempt At Book Writing??

March 1974:
You know when you're learning a new word and try to use it as much as possible?  A kid in my class was fixated on 'respect' and over-used it.  I would literally cringe every time he opened his mouth, because I knew that word would eventually be used.

Well, my word was 'embarrassed'.  While I didn't try to insert it often, I wasn't really sure of the definition.  But when my beloved Mrs. H announced we were going to be split up into groups and create different things, I was excited to be assigned to the Book group.  We would try to write a story, and Mr. H would be our group leader.

We sat in a circle at a table and tried to brainstorm ideas for our story.  Characters were decided, and a basic plot.  I found my opening and asked if the main character could be embarrassed, and was finally told what it meant.  I also learned my mind went blank during those verbal brainstorming sessions, I didn't really contribute anything.  I don't even think our story ever got written.

I do remember seeing a short film that one group put on as they created their own Star Trek episode.  And I noticed one of the other girls in my group ended up being in it, but not understanding why.

*******
Present Day:
Weather warmed up to 50s today!  We'll be celebrating the youngling's 10th birthday with his grandparents (last weekend was just simply too icy), and I SHOULD be able to go to karaoke.

Songs will be the same as last week's:
Ghost Riders In the Sky (Outlaws)
You Haven't Seen The Last of Me (Cher) OR Miracle (Jon Bon Jovi)
Girl Can't Help It (Journey)
Genie In a Bottle (Christina Agulara and only if Mel comes)
Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)

No comments: