Friday, March 21, 2014

Flashback Friday: Going To The Zoo:)

March 1994:
The weather was warm, so we met Mom and Dad at the Indianapolis Zoo for the day.  K enjoyed seeing the animals and we enjoyed getting out into the sunshine.  Rode the train, ate lunch in the cafe, and Dad even held K upside down so he could touch the water in the pond.

"Can I Have A Drink Grandma?"
Mom had either a Dr. Pepper or Root Beer; K took a sip and spat it out all down the front of her shirt!

My choice of maternity outfit?  Blue stirrup pants, white socks over the stirrups, and a maroon and blue striped sweatshirt which covered my belly.

Next Month:  Easter:)

***********
Present Day:
Miss Drama Queen (age 12) and Mr. Energy (11) are arriving this evening.  It's been a good week; I was in Lafayette M-W; we met with the K-12 Homeschooling teachers yesterday to learn more about the program, and today is 'get-back-on-track' day.

Made it to Karaoke last weekend; sang 'Girl Can't Help It' (Journey); 'If I Die Young' (Band Perry); and 'Get Down Tonight' (KC and Sunshine Band).  Tried to sing 'Give It Up (KC), but Mark couldn't squeeze me in.  I did dance the Cupid Shuffle:)

Hopefully I'll get to go tomorrow night with Mel, and am planning to sing:
Give It Up-KC and Sunshine Band
Alone-Heart
Give Me One Reason-Tracy Chapman
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun-Cyndi Lauper
Go Rest High On That Mountain-Vince Gill
I might do 'Call Me When You're Sober', if there's time.

No comments: