Friday, March 15, 2019

Flashback Friday: Getting More Involved In Youth Baseball

March 1999:
After 'CoachGate' debacle the previous year, friend Rodney decided to be the head coach of his son's team, and invited the spouse to be his assistant.  D agreed, so they began going to the weekly planning meetings.  I was tapped to be the Concession Rep, and was told to meet with the Concession Manager sometime during the month of April.

We also acquired a flat trailer, in order to haul some leftover stuff from D's job site, but he wasn't very happy with it, so I was tasked with hitching it up and returning it to the store.

Next Month:  Learning The Politics Of A Small Town

*************
Present Day:
Granddaughter Ariel aka Miss Drama Queen aka MDQ decided to visit, and brought 8 m/o Phoenix aka Master P down!  Enjoying getting my Master P snuggles:)

Job is going well; I work again this afternoon.  Woke up Wednesday with 'that feeling' in my throat, you know the one....that tells you you're either going to get a sore throat, or sinus issues are about to explode, or I've simply slept with my mouth open wide and snoring....but as of yesterday, I'm definitely sneezing and coughing more.  Getting back on the zinc and trying to beat this thing again.  I can not call in, since I've requested nearly every Saturday in April off.  I'd rather show up and get sent home....but hoping that doesn't happen tonight.

Today is also payday, so I'll see if my projected income was correct:)

Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to wear GREEN on Sunday!

No comments: