Thursday, March 21, 2019

Life As A Red Vest, Pt 2

Day 11:
Shift went fairly smoothly yesterday; I only had two issues that I had to ask for help on:  An in-store coupon (scan 1st before hitting total) and adding purchases to an LAR (F-8, then follow the prompts??  Need to double-check this.).

I also had a customer hand me an item and wonder if there were any more in stock.  I brought it up on the app, and it said there should have been 11 (ten more) on the shelf, but he said it was the only one.  My mind was blank, and so was Morgan's, but the customer simply shrugged his shoulders, paid for his purchases, and that was that.

Had my meeting with Manger Jess, who said she would do her best not to schedule me for April 27th and Memorial weekend, but if for some reason I was on the schedule those days, then to simply call in.  Three days call-in equals one occurrence, and since my attendance has been good, as well as my attitude, she didn't see any reason why this should be an issue.

Just wait until they see my June schedule....but I can ask off for those next month!

Keep checking this post; I work again on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so will update here.  Friday will also be my Flashback to 2009.

Day 12:
Got worried the minute I logged on.  Guy wanted to buy a grill; I told him I'd send the guy to him, then Cindy said she'd do it.  Customer #2 brought me 2 bottles, buy 1 get one free, then questioned the total.  Had some confusion over whether or not the one was free; Cindy took a look; apparently the 2nd time, I rang up the free one first.  Backed out and started over; everything went smoothly.  Guy from outside returned; the grill he wanted had no price tag.  Called down to L&G, and finally got him rung up on another register.  I was only 15 minutes into my shift; was it going to be this way all night?

No.  After that, things settled down.  I did learn how to load $$ onto a gift card, and even College Kid stopped in to see me, ala 'I had to come see this for myself.'  

Pffft....

I began the shift on register 9, then moved to #11....and discovered the scanner was QUIET!  Several times, I looked at the screen to make sure it was ringing up the items!

Rest of the evening was pretty uneventful:)

Day 13:
Began my 1st four-hour shift in Lumber, and boy oh boy, was it a ZOO!  Ian, the Lumber manager, jumped on a register and helped me out, but I think he got all the 'easy' ones....mine had barcodes missing, barcodes ripped halfway off, and hard-to-look-up items!  Fortunately, when Alischa returned from her break, she said the entire day had been like that!

College Kid and future DIL visited with MJ and Jasmine, who loved all over me, and we chatted for a few minutes before Mel called me to take a break.

After break, I went back up front, where it was a little calmer, and two hours sped by.  Tried to stay longer, but Manager Brandon said no, they had enough people to close.

Came home and promptly found out there was karaoke tonight!  Pissed off the spouse a) by going, then b) by staying til 1pm, when I originally said I'd be home early.  The entire gang was there....Mel, Kelly, Bill, Vickers and Lindsay, and even JJ and Jessica arrived around 12:30!

Gang laughed at me, b/c I was watching the Purdue-Nova game on my phone.....PU was THIRTY points ahead at one point!  Holy hell.....did the defending champs forget to mentally show up??  WOW.....

Day 14:
Had a four-hour shift on a rainy Sunday, and things were much calmer!  Got to love on two 9-week-old pit bull pups, as well as their mama, and a few other dogs.  Toward the end of the shift, neither Cindy nor I could locate a bar code for a tiny black pipe nipple, so we just gave it to them:)

Discovered my feet hurt worse when I'm wearing my dress boots, so I'll stick to my tennis shoes from now on!

Day 15:
My first shift in Lawn and Garden was quiet.  I had my own little cubby, complete with space heater and door.  Whenever I'd get hot, I'd get out and walk around a bit.  Got real familiar with Bruce and Brenden, whenever a customer needed help!

No comments: