Monday, July 6, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #49

Day 220: Let's Try This Again....
Felt amazing enough this morning to get up at 7:30, make the coffee, and even start typing up one of Dad's stories!  Made it to Writer's Meeting at 10:30 and spent an hour before coming home and getting ready for work.

Arrived; HC C promptly pissed me off by scolding me for taking the day off 'because you were tired?'  Then tried to tell me I'd called in too many times....um, no.  Only twice for a full day off.  Twice to be slightly late, once for an asthma attack, and was late once due to back pain, and with permission the day before.  I'm not a habitual offender.

Went off to Lumber, did the AP4Me, and the pop count, plus rang up a few customers before being sent to break.  After Kem left at 3, I was steady all the way to 5:30.  Mgr T tried to tick me off about the alarm, but it had gone off when the customer was arriving, not leaving!  At 5:30, I was getting hangry, so called HC Aggie to tease her about forgetting about me.  Brea came down to relieve me; I went to Subway.

Came back and did my closing duties, then HC A closed out my drawer at ten til!  Only had two customers, and thankfully they both paid by card.

Outfit:  Black blouse, dark capris.

Day 221:  Final Day of Nine 8 Day Stretch!
Arrived; finished my Aisle Safety training; rang up a few customers and did the soda count before being sent to break.  My scanner on #2 was throwing a fit, so when Kem left, I hopped over to #1 for the rest of the shift.  K had brought in another fan, so had plenty of cool air flowing through my area.  Went to lunch at Wendy's, and when I returned, we were fairly steady, and even had about 3 customers who thought we were closing at 7!  At 8, I called MK for a pit stop, so Matthew came down.  When I got back, he was still ringing up a customer, so I finished sanitizing Reg #2 and 3.  We didn't have any customers after 8:45, so was able to close up on time.

Did have one customer who had a temporary card, but didn't understand how it worked.  Took me and his wife to make him understand that little piece of paper I scanned WAS his card.  Also had a lady who kept trying to get my attention; thought I'd nodded at her, and was watching for Jacob....so after the difficult customer had left, I went up to her and apologized for the miscommunication.  She was fine after that.

I am off for the next two days!  Hallelujia!

Outfit:  Blue striped tee, black capri leggings.; black fabric mask (only worn 12:30-4, ha ha!)

Day 222:  Happy Friday!
Today was a 'take this job and shove it' day....my mood was fine when I arrived, but as soon as I clocked in, was told two employees had come in contact with a person with C-19, so Mgr T was making sure everyone had their masks on 'correctly'.  I tried, but my glasses fogged up, I had trouble breathing.  Fortunately, T only came down twice, and both times I spotted her in time to pull it up to just around my nose.  As soon as she left, I pulled it back down above my lips.

Decided to keep track of how many customers were in masks vs those who weren't.  By the end of the day, the ratio was 14:64.  Those without waaaaayy outnumbered the ones wearing them!

Didn't have to do pop count; I was sent to lunch at 5:15; Steve was hosting a cookout, so I ate a hot dog at 2:30, but all hamburgers were gone by 5.  Went to McD's.

Had all closing duties finished by 8:45.

Outfit:  Purdue tee, patterned capri leggings.

No comments: