Monday, July 27, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #52

Day 234:  Monday, Monday...
No AP4Me quizzes!  Things were fairly slow the 1st half of the shift.  Learned both K, G, and I *may* have been exposed to the CV-19....Customer admitted he and his family had it, and he was NOT wearing a mask.  He came in twice; K said she was going to ask about it.

Gracie relieved me for lunch (McD's), and after I'd eaten, had some intestinal issues.  Asked Mgr T if they had anyone to cover my shift, but she said no, so I toughed it out, even after my supply of baby wipes ran out.

Hurried through my closing duties so we could leave on time.

POURED this afternoon, and when we left, it was sprinkling.

Outfit:  White 'paint-spatter' tee, green vest, new capris.

Day 235:  Ever Want To Smack A Co-Worker?
Confession time:  I'm having a personality clash with a co-worker.  I only have to tolerate her presence for 15 minutes a day or longer, but today I nearly popped her.  To be fair, K told me she has a bad case of PMS, and I do my best not to get in her way, but today, when she came down to give me my break, Bill H was next in line, so I stopped to chat with him.  Now in all fairness, G TOLD me she had to leave before 2, and this was at twenty minutes till.  I fully intended to return at 1:55.  BUT, as B and I are chatting away, she tells me to 'please go on break so I can leave on time!"

I left, but I was fuming.  I was happy the break room was empty, for I silent-screamed as I was taking off my vest.  Then in the bathroom, I silent-screamed again and jumped up and down.  I even nearly posted on FB....'Don't micro-manage me when I'm doing what I need to be doing AS I'm doing it!!!'

I even vented to Aliscia, who admitted G had tried to pull the same bossy attitude toward her.  I was like, I'm twice her age and should be more mature about this, but I'm ready to flatten her out!

When I returned, she did have the decency to apologize for 'getting mad', but she had an 'important meeting' she didn't want to be late for.

K left a few minutes later, and I took over lumber.

Went to lunch at 5, and Hardees was out of ham again, so went to Arby's.  Rest of the shift went well, and had all closing duties accomplished by 8:30.

Outfit:  New gray 'Fire in her soul' tee, new capris.

Day 236:  Day 10 and I Should Have Called In....
Today was one of those days where everything goes wrong.  First of all, I was half an hour late to work due to my blood draw running late (patient tried to faint in the lab).  Then G ticked me off by coming over to rattle off a customer's phone #...."He has a military discount...812-XXXXXX..."  Okay, I KNEW who the customer was and I KNEW about the military discount!  Then, the pin pad froze.  Had to call Mel down to fix it, and it took 15 minutes to reboot.  I also forgot to give a customer his sixty cents.

After K left, things settled down a bit.  Marci came down at 4 and kept me company, then HC C called at 4:45 and said I should have been sent to lunch, so to go at 5.  Gracie came down and M and I left.  Hardees had ham, so had an enjoyable lunch.

After lunch, things were fairly steady.  Then at 8:30, all hell broke loose when a customer had several carts, then turned out some of it was invoiced.  His phone # didn't work, and neither did his name.  Called flooring; Bryan came down and pulled up the order; customer agreed to pay for what was already rung up while they fixed his invoice.  So that was solved.

Ended up doing most of my closing duties in the final ten minutes.

Outfit:  White Bon Jovi tee, patterned leggings.

I'm off for the next four days!!!!  Hallelujia!!!!

No comments: