Monday, July 20, 2020

Life In Lumber: Week #51

Day 227:  Start of a 10-Day Stretch....
I had zero energy today for some reason.  Thankfully, the first half of my shift went smoothly, with only two 'oops' incidents.  1) Aggie found me over at #1 helping Kem and told me to please stay on #2; 2) I only scanned one box of flooring four times.....then the kid brought three of them back; they weren't the right ones.  I was sure I was about to get a lecture from Mgr T to 'scan everything'....but no.  Dodged that one!

Went to lunch at Wendy's at 4:15.

Second half was also smooth.  Only needed two overrides, and managed to get all my closing duties finished by 9.  Aggie even came down and cleaned me out at 8:58:)  Had to put away two items, then put my vest in my locker and clocked out.

Outfit:  JHS tee, dark capris

Day 228:
1st half of shift was fine.  #1 was out of quarters, so I was surprised when 3pm rolled around and no one brought any down.  I asked Mel if we couldn't take $10 bill and swap it out for the $10 in quarters I'd unloaded into #2 an hour earlier....

"No, because you might have more or less than $10 in the quarters."

So, I solved it.  My line grew short, so I took a $10 bill from my register and tucked it away.  At first opportunity, I hopped over to #2, and the first cash transaction, counted out the quarters and replaced the $10 bill in the register.  Hopped back over to #1 and laid the quarters down on the counter.  Next cash transaction, put the quarters in.  Problem solved.  The only sticky part was, I saw a few customers rolling their eyes as I was counting out the quarters, then hopping back to #1!

Oh well......

Actually got sent to lunch on time!  Took myself to Arby's.

After the break, things had slowed down.  Did have a 'rush' from 5:30-6:30, then only hit-and-miss.  Got all the closing duties finished by 9.  Mgr B took the trash out and forgot to grab mine, so as soon as T cleaned me out, I returned one item, took my trash to the compactor, and clocked out.

Oh, also got a compliment:  Two women arrived, and one said to the other, "This is why I like coming to her; she always has a smile on her face and is so cheerful."

I replied, "I try!"

Outfit:  Blue floral tee, dark capris.

Day 229:
Today went well!  Had no issues during the 1st half, and went to lunch (Hardees) at 4:15.  We were rather slow between 5 and close, so was able to get everything done.  Things WERE slightly hectic between 3-3:30, when I was dealing with a customer who needed an override, another customer who had a work order for Receiving, and no one answering my Code 3 page.  Finally Brea came down to rescue me after HC C did my override!

Did get excited when a customer said he was headed down to St. Pete, Fla, and staying at Pass-A-Grill beach!  Told him to eat at the Hurricane, Crabby Bill's, and Uncle Andy's Ice Cream Parlor:)

Outfit:  White Faith tee, patterned capri leggings.

Day 230:
1st half of the shift was slow; basically was paid to stand around and chat.  Gracie sent me to lunch at 4:15, so I went to Fazolli's.  After lunch, had customers maybe every ten mins or so.  My last customer had carpet for $10 AND two mirrors at 75% off, so Brandon came down to override it.  We closed on time:)

Saw Bill Hall:)

Outfit:  Brown tee, dark capris

Day 231:  TGIF
Another good day!  Arrived; discovered Lumber had been busy before I arrived.  I don't know what it is about G; she and I just don't 'click'.  Personality clash?  Trying not to let it bother me.  She tends to treat me as if I don't know what I'm doing.

Aliscia came down and sent me to break at 4, then stuck around until 5, so I could go to lunch.  Thought I'd clocked out at 5:24; turned out I'd  clocked out ten minutes earlier.  Oops....I'm blaming the Subway Chicken Teryaki, ha ha!

Was super slow from 6-8, then mildly steady.  Was still able to get all closing duties finished before 9.

Outfit:  Black lace tee, patterned leggings.

Day 232:  Halfway Through 10-Day Stretch....
Surprisingly, even after a sleepless night (only got around 6 hours of sleep), I was alert and in a good mood all day.  First half of the shift was fairly steady, and only marred by Mgr T coming down to tell me to make sure to ring up invoices as invoices.....it hadn't been me, but it set my teeth on edge for being singled out.  It had to be either Dallas or Jill, or someone else.

After J left at 3, I was moderately busy, and when Matt relieved me for lunch, I stuck around for an extra fifteen minutes to help handle the line.  Taught him how to load an LAR, then went to break at 4:25.  Took myself to McD's, then the rest of the shift was steady.  Did have time to quickly get my closing duties finished, and had a 'drumming' session with a young lady on a container of paint.  Saw BB's sister and BIL, and was concerned about Jacob, who was having severe pain below his right ribs, and Brea, who admitted she'd projectile vomited 4 times that afternoon.

When it was time to leave, I checked the flow chart, and my name wasn't on it!  Ian double-checked, and I AM scheduled to be there; however, if I show up and they don't need me, I'm definitely coming home!

Outfit:  White Flag tee, new capris

Day 233:  Is There Something In The Air???
1)  My name was on the flow chart; teased Aggie about 'payback for the shower two weeks ago', lol!

2)  When I clocked in, Kronos asked me if I was sure; I'd not registered a punch in 6 hours.  Ummmm.....I clocked OUT last night!

3)  2 guys nearly came to blows at Reg 2 when the guy wearing a mask (by the exit) decided to chastise the guy at the register, who wasn't wearing one.  Thankfully, they both left peacefully, though Jill wondered if she needed to call a manager down!

4)  Jill went to lunch and all hell broke loose.  A)  I had to page for my Lumber associate 3 times before Logan showed up; B) customer wanted 2 pallets of concrete blocks and L was having trouble finding a spotter; C) Customer shows up with a cart labelled '75% off', and so I had to ring everything up, subtract 75% from each of the 12 items, then call HC C down to override everything.  Plus, I had to call for help with the line.  Thankfully, Matt showed up.  D)  Discovered L threw a fit and walked out, so Jean was sent down from LG. 

5)  Elmer was a NC/NS.

I went to lunch at 4 (McD's), and from 5-8, things went fairly smooth.  Did my closing duties, and clocked out.

Outfit:  Black 'pixel' shirt, new capris.

No comments: