Monday, September 13, 2021

Life In Lumber: Y3, W24

 Day 99:  $4862

My hours have been cut back to 5-close.  Arrived, and Bill was happy to see me!  Took care of a few customers before he left, then did pop count and prelim duties.  The exterior of the store was getting pressure washed and painted, so had to close the doors and let customers only go in and out of the left side for a while. Never did get my break....finished up the closing duties between 8 and 9, checked my email, did my LU and AP4Me, and locked the doors at 9.

I got hit on.  Customer asked if I had a boyfriend.  "I'm not allowed; hubby rather frowns on that sort of thing."  "Darn..."

Helped Marilyn load the front coolers and took the trash down to the compactor.  We're having Spirit Month; today was supposed to be Camo day.  Tomorrow is Gold Day.

Outfit:  Blue/white striped tee, cut off capris, blue tools mask


Day 100:  $4465

Arrived to discover a) virtually NO ONE wearing gold and b) I was getting a trainee until 8.  Wasn't very busy the 1st hour; did soda count, LU, and the survey.  Got my trainee at 6, and started gathering the trash and sweeping. Matthew relieved me at 7:30, and when I returned, sent R home at 8, then swept, sanitized, and rang up customers til the last one left the building at 9.  HC C cleaned me out, then I helped Tim K get what he needed for his load.  Cam returned and helped him finish, then I went to put up my vest.

Outfit: Tribble tee, cut off capris, starry night/red mask

I got into SI Comic Con!  Got the notification as we were clocking out:)


Day 101:  $4659

Decided to wear my yellow/blue compression socks for Crazy Sock Day.  Did not observe anyone else wearing anything....Had an asthma attack when I got out of the car; think it was the paint sprayer as they were painting the canopies.

R, my trainee, was back again.  Showed her how we do the pop count, and she even took over the cash register some, and did well.  Showed her how to do LARs, checks, and gift cards, in addition to the Military discounts.

Mgr T pissed me off.  We had a particularly large order, and the quarter-round code didn't work on any of them.  I pulled out my notebook and was consulting the customer as to which one they had when T arrived.  I tucked my notebook in my pocket and typed it in....T came over and told me, "I don't ever want to see you do that again."  BS....sometimes it's a lot easier to do it that way!

Matthew came down to give us our break at 7:15, and when I returned, began the closing duties....mucked out under all the mats, and we even cleaned out the water thingy, when one of the guys painting the interior said that's where the gnats were.  It was nasty!  Not sure if it was coffee or juice, but very brown and sticky. Guess I need to add that to my weekly cleaning regimin?

Aggie came down and put soda away, and emptied #2 and 3, then hung around and closed us down at 9.  I locked the doors, then Cam and I had a miscommunication:  I thought he was coming down the aisle, so I shut the door and took the trash down.  I ended up locking him out, b/c one of my bags broke, and was trying to clean it up as he was trying to come in down at the front!

Over all, not a bad shift, other than the run-in with T.

Outfit:  Rob tee, cut off capris, starry night mask.  Tomorrow's Disney Day.


Day 102:  $4544

Arrived; took pics of the shiplap so I could put them in my book (note to self:  redo it; some item #s not right??).  Asked Bill if he'd swap shifts, but he doesn't want to lose any hours.  Marci may have a dr's appt, so may just have to call in or be late that day.  Saw Mr and Mrs Lewis, and gave Mrs L my website.  Customer arrived to pick up their pipe, but couldn't find the PL ticket, so just rang it up.  Harley relieved me for my break at 7:15, then took my soda count sheet.  Swept and sanitized, then tossed the trash in the hopper at 9.  Had done my LU before clocking in.

Loader C announced he was calling in tomorrow; Loader J works 10-7.  Hope he's over his snit toward me....

Outfit:  Star Wars tee, cut off capris, Monet mask.  Tomorrow's Hawaiian day.


Day 103:  $9124

Arrived; did my LU; was BUSY!  I did have time to do the soda count, but that's about it.  As you can tell from the sales amount, I did the equivalent of two days tonight.  Didn't get my break; HC N said there had been 3 call-ins, plus my loader C called in.  Loader J did talk to me somewhat....

After we closed, N let me go take a pit stop, then I walked with her to clean out 3 more registers.  Returned to Lumber to toss my trash in the hopper and return an electrical part, then put my vest up.

Outfit:  Flamingo tee, cut off capris, Monet mask.  Monday is Marvel day....I'll be wearing S's Venom tee.  Tomorrow....off to SI Comic Con!

No comments: