Monday, September 27, 2021

Life In Lumber Y3, W26

 Day 109:  $5248

Arrived; the first hour wasn't too bad.  Rang up customers and did soda count, but when Loader C went to lunch, all hell broke loose.  Couldn't get anyone in OSLG to answer the phone when a customer bought 2 fence panels; couldn't get anyone with a forklift license to come load flooring; no one to answer the Code 50s. When Matt arrived at 7:15 to give me my break, I greeted him with 'Welcome to Hell".  Turned out NO ONE in the other departments were scheduled past 5pm!  WTH???  Told HC N we should have closed the store at 5.

After my break, things did calm down, and I was able to get my LU finished (I'd started it around 5!) and the floor swept.  I'll do AP4Me tomorrow, and hopefully sanitize the counters.  Pulled trash, gathered paperwork, and clocked out around 9:30.

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee (Fave Vacation Day), cut off capris, Starry Night mask.  Tomorrow is Western Day.


Day 110:  $7172

Arrived, and hopped on #2 to help Bill with the line.  Think I did 5 to his two....then did pop count, and other prelim duties. Was able to get my LU and AP4Me finished, then started sweeping.  Went to lunch at 7:25, and when I returned, gathered trash, finished sweeping, then sanitized the registers and cleaned the counters.  HC C cleaned me out after I locked the doors, and after putting up my vest, took the front end's trash down AND put away the mop bucket.  Then put up C's vest, and clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Bon Jovi tee, cut off capris, elephant mask.  Tomorrow is Crazy Sock Day.



Day 111:  $5822

My heart was heavy today, since I had to call the vet to schedule Abby's Final Goodbye shot.  Arrived teary-eyed, but got myself under control to do my job.  Did soda count and prelim duties, then had to have 2 o/r....one for a door and another for an SOS item.  Alexa brought the soda down around 6, then she sent me to break at 7.  Returned and finished sweeping, but couldn't sanitize, due to no wipes.  Locked the doors at 9, put away a cleanser, and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30, then was teary-eyed all the way home.

Outfit:  Blue LU tee, cut off capris, elephant mask, orange pumpkin Halloween socks.

Not sure if they'll call me in tomorrow or not; I checked the schedule:  No one is scheduled for my shift.

No comments: