Monday, February 7, 2022

Life In Lumber Y3, W45

 Day 188:  $3,646

Arrived; was told MRV on #1 was acting up and to use the old system. Tried it once; rang up 4 items and total was $1050....then it froze up.  Had to exit, log into Genesis, and start over.  Total:$177.  Customer was relieved!  Things went smoothly from there; did my LU and AP4Me, and prelim duties.  Cait came down and we reorganized the Pro coolers, then C went to get the soda.  She took her break while I filled the coolers and puttered around, then at 7 I took my break when she returned.  After break, MRV was working again. Swept and gathered trash, then huddled over the heater and wrote.  Met another new loader, Nick.  We were pretty much empty by 8:30, and locked the doors at 8:59.  HC M cleaned me out; returned items to Lights, Plumbing, and Aisle 18, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:25.

Am off for the next 2 days!!!

Outfit:  Blue sweatshirt, red polo, new dark jeggings, LJs, blue fingerless gloves, star earrings, starry night mask.


Day 189:  $3,476

There was something in the air today.  My phone rang after I arrived (after buying some Tide and bleach) and took care of three customers.  B was still working with a customer, so I logged onto LU and chatted with the nice man on the other end of the phone, all the while keeping an eye out for any customers.  After I finished LU, I logged off and walked over by the trash can to finish the conversation (B was STILL with his customer).  I saw someone approach our area, so I ended the call ASAP, only to have said customer walk on by.  ASM K told B to go on and go, and I was left alone again.  Did the pop count and prelim duties while also ringing up several customers; HC A collected the count and brought down the soda; I filled the coolers.  Gathered the paperwork and consolidated the trash, and checked my email, and wrote a bit.  At 6:55, Alexis came down and sent me to break.  When I returned, I started sweeping, which kept me occupied for the next hour.  Gathered the trash and at 8:40, started sanitizing the registers. Rang up my next-to-final customer at 9, and went to lock the doors.

Here's where it gets interesting.  Observed a family still in aisle 20, looking unconcerned about the time. I walked over and greeted them, and informed them we were closing, so would they please hurry? (I was nice about it).  Had the whole 'yes-the-website-says-we're-open-til-10-but-that-doesn't-happen- until-March-or-May', and the father says he'll be quick.  I thanked them and stepped away as I heard my phone ring.  It was my daughter, so I answered it. JUST AS I ENDED THE CALL, HC A came down and said, "OMG....you've got to stay off your phone!"  I politely imformed her it was my daughter, and since it was closing time, I didn't see the harm in taking the call, esp since the customers were NOT in the lane yet.  They did gather their 30 boards of Trex and I rang up their $477 purchase.  Loader AM let them out the door, then locked it.

Also, our resident Drama Queen told me during break that ASM K had caught her on HER phone coming out of the bathroom, while she was on the clock, and was afraid she was going to be fired.  Told her not to worry; SM S was in Vegas at the annual convention.  "Yes, but what about when he gets back?  How will I pay my bills?"  Ummm....you've worried about getting fired for nearly a year, and you're still here.  Chill, chick.

Anyway, clocked out at 9:20 and met the daughter at Old Chicago before heading out to karaoke.

Outfit:  Blue/white striped sweater, new dark jeggings, LJs, star earrings, starry night mask


Day 190:  $5,194

Arrived; did pop count, only to discover they'd filled the coolers earlier and weren't going to do it again. Did the prelim duties, then spent my time on the LU, doing other 'training', finally stopping when I was at the 70/108 videos, in addition to ringing up customers.  Gently 'educated' Loader R and Loader K about the 'code 50s'....had to call them by name a few times.  Took my break at 7, and when I returned, I pulled the trash and thoroughly swept, then sanitized the registers and counters.  Checked out my final customer at 9, then locked the doors.  HC J cleaned me out, then ASM N arrived and walked her up, so I took the trash down and put up my vest. Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Red hooded sweater, new faded jeggings, LJs, star earrings, blue sparkle mask.


Day 191:  Rare Saturday $$11,126

Arrived; discovered Dogwood setting up. Was happy to discover I'd be with Cindy for three hours, and we had a good time, ringing up customers, dodging ASM K, and chatting.  She took her break, then I took mine at 2:15, and ate a plate of mashed potatoes, corn, cole slaw, and potato salad. She left at 3, and I moved over to #1. Patty came down to send me to lunch at 4 (Subway).  P was amazed I wasn't going to eat more Dogwood, so I brought her a cookie. Did the soda count and prelim duties, and began sweeping the floor. Sanitized the registers at 8, and rang up final customer at 8:50.  HC H came down to clean me out; I took the trash to the hopper and made sure K's heater was off before heading to put up my vest.  Grabbed a loaf of white homemade bread to bring home, and clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Light gray IN sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, LJs, star earrings, blue fingerless gloves, blue sparkle mask


Day 192:  Rare (Super Bowl) Sunday $9,673

Took my Kindle into work, in hopes the place would clear out around 5, and I'd get to watch the Super Bowl.  Discovered I wasn't due in until noon, but clocked in anyway.  Worked with Kenzie, and did my LU and some more training vids.  She went to lunch, then I took my break.  S and A joined me, and we chatted until it was time to return. I went to lunch at 3:20 (McA's) and when K left at 5, was steady!  I was ready to scream, "Hey, there's a GAME starting in an hour....GO HOME!!", but continued to smile, get the soda count done and put away, the closing duties finished.  At 6, I turned on the Kindle, but was slammed again, and then was sent to break at 7.  Thankfully, Brent (Millwork) had his tablet going, so was able to watch 15 mins and some commercials before heading back.  THEN the place was silent, and even got 'permission' from ASM R to watch the game if there were no cars in the lot, and no customers.  SWEET!  Fired up my Kindle and watched the SB for a good half hour/45 mins.  Even shocked Loader AM when I cheered for a Bengals' TD!  At 7:50, ASM R told me to go ahead and lock the doors.  Shut off the game and locked the doors, took the trash down, and when HC H cleaned me out, went to put up my vest and to clock out at 8:07.  Arrived home in time to watch maybe 2 mins of the halftime show before watching the rest of the game, THEN catching the halftime show on the App before deleting it.

I'm not a fan of rap, and I personally think Mary K Blige needed to put some pants on.  But Emimen was good (LOVE Lose Yourself!), and even though I've never listened to 50 Cent, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dog, or Kendrick Lamar, the whole thing was clean; no F-bombs, though I thought one was bleeped out, but S claimed it was a microphone issue; said she thought he was having issues with it.  So who knows?

Commercials were great, though I didn't get the one with the QR code bouncing around like old-school Pong, and there was another one neither Brent nor I knew what they were selling. Loved the Lays, the Fiery Doritos with the sloth and other animals, and the Nissan one with Eugene Levy.  Caught others on YouTube.

Outfit:  Dark gray IN sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, LJs, blue fingerless gloves; star earrings, blue sparkle mask.

Came home and changed into my PJs for the game, then tuned into the Ice Dancing finals.  France took gold, Russians the silver, and USA's Hubble/Donahue the silver,  Chock/Bates took 4th.  Was disappointed we got 3rd and 4th, but France apparently came out of nowhere in the next-to-last group to take the lead in the short program, so WTG!

Women's program is next week, followed by the pairs.  In case I didn't mention it, Nathan Chen scored the gold medal in the Men's:)  And in Snowboarding Half-Pipe, Shawn White just missed being on the podium, thanks to a youngster from Japan who kept his footing, while Shawn clipped the edge of the pipe and had to settle for his 1st run score.  All in all, he's still the best, and not bad for the 'oldest' one in that event; Shawn's 35 and the 'youngster' is 16!




No comments: