Monday, February 28, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W1

 Day 1:  $6,704

Arrived and was immediately busy.  B handed over the paperwork, and for the first 90 mins, helped K with her LU, rang up customers, and answered questions from both loaders and customers!  Finally was able to do the soda count, prelim duties, and my LU and AP4Me. Thanks to K, got all my LU correct, ha ha....

Took my break at 7:30, and when I returned, I put away the soda, pulled the trash, and swept.  Final customer was at 8:45, though we did have one try to come in after 9, as ASM K was pulling my drawer, Other than needing an o/r and having HC A stuck at the CS and having to page 3 times for a Code 99 (even tried to call ASM K, but phone went to CS), and having Kylie come flying down from wire shelving to do it, the night was fairly a good one.  Loader M even backed me up on that refrigerator deal; Pro supervisor G was the one who told him to ring it up!  So yay, I'm off the hook for that one.

Am off tomorrow, for W's 18th birthday AND the fact I have to go to Lafayette and take Mom to her hair appt.

Outfit:  Red hooded sweater, new faded jeggings, LJs, diamond 'flower' stud earrings, spider mask at the ready, in case I was told to put it on.  


Day 2:  $6,184 (and 1 cent!)

Arrived, and things seemed to be going well.  Was busy, but still had soda count done by nearly 7.  Had 2 CFH....A had a bunch of lumber and plywood, then as I'm ringing them up, decided to let someone with only a few items go in front.  Fine.  Delete A's items; ring up the other customer's, then returned.  They wanted a total after 3 items, then after writing down the total, told me to ring up the rest.  Turned out they also had flooring and carpet, so had to switch all $1400 to Des's number. 

B began well, except I'd forgotten to hit 'no formula' after the 2nd item, and had to ring it all up again.  No problem....then she asked about the 20%, and decided to apply.  Got her approved, but her email/text never showed up.  I asked if she wanted to wait a little more, and she said yes, so I hopped over to #2 and rang up 3 more customers.  Called HC C for advice, and she told me to go into 11.9.  Got her temp card printed....then since I'd been off #1 for a while, it kicked me out.  Logged back in, only to discover the order was gone, and had to completely ring everything up AGAIN,  Okay, not prob.  But now, I couldn't get the 'manual card' to activate.  Saved it as an invoice, but then COULDN'T BRING IT UP AGAIN!!!  Had to ring everything up AGAIN....(by now, I was ready to scream!) and THIS time it worked.  I'd been with them for 30 MINUTES!!!

Went to break at 8, and when I returned, finally got the rest of the closing duties done.  Locked the doors at 8:56, then closed the large door at 9.  Took the trash down after I finished sweeping, then helped 'zone' aisle 10 for a few minutes, before putting up my vest.

Needed only one o/r; customer C said their plywood was $40; it was ringing up $60.  Had Loader K double-check; had to change the total and have HC C come down to verify it.

Outfit:  Red/black plaid, new faded jeggings, LJs, diamond flower studs, Monet mask on 'standby'


Day 3:  $7.501

Arrived; B had a line, so logged on quickly.  Customers 1 and two were fast; then #3 arrived.  He had an estimate plus an invoice; no probs. Rang up his Goo, then replied 'yes' to installed sale.  And it processed.....and processed.....Called HC C; she said to back out and redo it.  Same result.  Did it a third time, without the Goo.  Same result.  Switched over to Genesis, and things went through!  Got to delivery fee....it was supposed to be waived. Verified it with Des, then had HC M o/r it, then we had to find a delivery date.  Guy's leaving town, and we no longer deliver on the weekends.  Decided he could do it Monday the 14th. Great!  He pays, then I ring up his goo and he's gone.  Time elapsed:  30 mins.  Meanwhile, B is ringing up everyone else while I handle this 'transaction from hell'!

A few more customers come through, then another one arrives and points out the Trex boards.  I can't find him under 1.6, and call for help.  HC M arrives; I'm ringing up customers in line, and customer says he's out of time and will return tomorrow.  I leave the Pro's a note and go back to my customers.

I finally get the soda count done and the paperwork gathered when Kelli arrives to give me my break.  Customer arrives to get his 140 OSB.  Turns out, we only have 50 in stock, so prepare to print the ticket as soon as they're loaded.  Forklift driver is called; I walk K through the process in case I'm not back when it's time, and take my break.

I return; it's time to print it.  I show her how to do it, and things slow down. I put away the soda, gather the trash, and start sweeping. Even squeeze in my LU.  Final customers leave at 8:50. I locked the doors ten minutes later and finish straightening up.  When HC M cleans me out, I pushed the cart up to the front and returned an item to plumbing, two items to Aisle 1, and a mat to Flooring. Put my trash  in the hopper, then went to put up my vest.

I guess it's my week for the 'problem children'....

Outfit:  Black/gray L/S shirt, denim vest, new faded jeggings, diamond flower earrings, Monet mask on 'standby'.


Day 4:  $ $11,161

First of all, I did something to my back last night; it feels as if I pulled a muscle on my left side. Heat didn't help, nor did the 3 Aleve I took.  Told HC M and J about my injury, and if I couldn't handle it, I'd let them know.

Ringing up customers was fine.  Everyone understood when I said my back was hurting, and helped out.  I even borrowed Brenda's back brace, which reminded me to not twist or bend.

Customer A wanted a pallet of 80 lb  concrete; neither Loader N or K are forklift certified yet, so called for an operator.  No one came, so they hand loaded it.  Customer B paid for 45 12-foot and 7 8-foot drywall; again, put out the call, and this time, OSLG answered, and not only did that, but loaded 90 OSB amd more drywall for other customers.  Thanked them profusely! I did pull all the soda forwatd, and shuffled some from Pro to the other cooler, and pulled the Pro ones to the front.  Did all the closing duties except sweeping and sanitizing. Just didn't have time. Clocked out at 9:30.  I'd gone to break at 8pm.

Outfit:  Black/white stripe, dark jeggings, flower diamond earrings, hearing aids!!!!!


Day 5:  Rare Saturnday $17,062 (and 50 cents)

Day began with Sonja and Darrin telling me ASM K was drunk, and yelling at everyone.  Thankfully, I didn't see her until later in the day, when she was going to lunch.  I needed an o/r, and she gave it to me, along with "You know not to use this when I'm not here, right?"  I wanted to either open my eyes wide and say, "Oh, we're not???" or "No shit, Sherlock!"  But I restrained myself and nodded.  I thought to myself, "How stupid do you think I am???"

Things were fairly steady; Cindy told me today was her final day; she got the job at the nursing facility at Linton.  K, J, and B showed up; B charmed everyone when I took my break. I'd gotten a credit app right before they arrived, so yay....I've had 2 this month!

Went to lunch at 4:30, and when I returned, did the closing duties.  Had one customer use the wrong card; I had to call for an approval code.  I invoiced his items, and he returned after I came back from lunch. Another customer arrived to pick up his wire and tables, but they were the wrong kind.  Sent Loader AM to get the correct ones, then had HC C come down to do a return/rebill.  I went to my 2nd break at 8.  Came back and put away the soda, plus chatted with Will and AW, who has bought a trailer and won't be there tomorrow, due to moving day.

Locked the doors at 9 and pulled the trash, then after HC C cleaned me out, brought in a cull cart and took the trash down, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Red LS shirt, CBS tee, dark jeggings, flower diamond earrings, astronaut mask on 'standby'


Day 6:  Rare Sunday $12,714 (and 85 cents!)

Arrived to hear ASM K complaining we didn't have anyone here. Hopped on #2 and Loader AM told me Loader K had called in, but that Matt was on his way in. Things were fairly steady; Liv went to break, and when she left for lunch at 1:30, things really got interesting. Customer wanted to put money in his LAR, and my register froze.  Ended up doing it on #3, but then he had a black round piece with a lousy bar code.  Saved his order while M looked it up.  Then register froze again, and ended up rescanning everything, save the pipe, on #3.  I even called for help, and ASM N came down. I shut off #2 and restarted everything, but still the printer refused to print.  After we got the line under control, I hopped over to #1 while N worked on #2.  I went to break, and when I returned, N had worked his magic and #2 behaved itself.

Went to lunch (McA's) at 3, and D surprised me by showing up.  He drove me back at 4, and both Liv and AM left at 5.  I was able to get the soda count done, the sweeping, and even cleaning the registers AND counters #1 and 2.  Mucked out under ALL the mats, and gathered trash.  Took my final break at 7.

After HC C cleaned me out, took the trash down and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Blue Whitehorse sweatshirt, dark jeggings, astronaut mask on 'standbye'. 


No comments: