Monday, February 21, 2022

Life In Lumber Y3, W47

 Day 197:  $6,969

Arrived and returned a tool to Tools, then took over for B, and was steady all night.  Did get a chance to squeeze in my LU and AP4Me in between customers, and did the pop count.  Cait relieved me at 6:15 for my break, and when I got back, I swept, rang up more customers, and put the soda away.  Final customer left at 9:01, and locked the doors behind them.  HC M cleaned me out and after walking her up, returned items to Hardware and Tools, then handed off the trash to Loader K and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Red/black plaid, new faded jeggings, zircon earrings, shark mask.  Was nearly 70 degrees today!


Day 198:  $7,039 (and 4 cents!)

Arrived and daughter called; her pregancy's not viable.  After I spoke to her, and offered to come home, but she declined, asked B to cover for a few minutes while I went to the bathroom for a cry.  They were tears of guilt, relief, and sadness for my daughter.  Composed myself and returned to my post, and was busy the 1st hour with customers and soda count, and other prelim duties.  Went to break at 7:10 and when I returned, was irritated by Liv not putting the soda away.  Was she really busy for the entire 15 mins?  Brandon G needed rung up, but #2 wouldn't work, so after L logged off, I hopped over and rang up B's items.  He's now working in Washington for a prescription company.  Did my LU, swept, and pulled trash.  Supervisor G knocked over a box of paper rolls, so helped Loader AW stack them on a cart, and then reorganized the trash bag display.

Turns out we've only had the half inch OSB in the 7/16 place for 2 weeks, so haven't rung up TOO many oppsies!  Whew!

Walked HC M up front, took the trash to the hopper, and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Brown gauze, new faded jeggings, zircon earrings, starry night mask.  Temps dropped from 60-38 degrees.  I WILL be back in my LJs the rest of the week, ha ha!

I'm also the #1 cashier of the week!  Whoot!


Day 199:  $1,381

Arrived and took over for B. Was steady for the first half hour, then did the soda count and prelim duties. Did my LU, printed off my pay stub and March schedule, then swept the floor. Cam sent me to break at 8, right after an a$$hat customer accused me over overcharging him the last time.  Claimed I rang up 4 boards twice, causing him a 'headache, to get a refund'.  Then he claimed I'd already rung up one board (I hadn't, but let it go), and when he saw the total, claimed, "That was less than I thought, so I'm not mad at you anymore."

Whatever dude....get the hell out of the store....

Only had one customer between 8:30 and close.  HC H locked the doors while I rang up the final customer, then I took the trash to the hopper while she cleaned out my drawer.  Put up my vest, then talked a coworker into starting my van while I clocked out.  Which was a good thing; freezing rain/sleet was falling, and my windows were iced.  Sat in the running van for ten mins, then got out and had little trouble chipping away the ice.  Drove home carefully.

Outfit:  Black/white poncho; red L/s shirt, new faded jeggings, blue fingerless gloves, zircon earrings, starry night mask.

I'm off tomorrow!!!


Day 200:  $4,235 (and 4 cents!)

Arrived; began ringing up customers.  Did the soda count and other prelim duties.  Went to break at 7:30, and when I came back, swept and did my LU, and even some FE4Me. Loader K took my trash down at 8:45, and rang up my final 3 customers at 9pm.  Even had a customer walk in the door as the closing announcement was being made.  Told them we were closing, and explained the 10pm close doesn't start for 2 more weeks.

Took an item to RTM, then put up my vest after HC C cleaned me out. Afterwards, took the front trash to the hopper, and clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  White sweater, new faded jeggings, LJs, blue fingerless gloves, zircon earrings, elephant mask.

Tomorrow, book signing at library! 


Day 201:  Rare Sunday and End of Year 3:)  $11,713

Just as I was about to leave at 11, HC A texted me and asked if I was coming in; turned out I was supposed to be there at 11, not 11:30!  Oops....arrived and took over for Jillian, and was busy.  Showed the new cashier, Abby, about some things, such as looking up tile, doing LAR, loading LAR, and how to look up items in the scan book, such as the blocks, plywood, OSB, and concrete.  At 3, was called down to the front office; apparently the fridge we sold earlier this week was the DISPLAY model, which was a no-no; plus the 16 foot post we set up for delivery had to be special ordered, which cost the company $$.  I didn't even remember the post, until I was talking to HC M, who reminded me at first she was going to come in and get it, then changed her mind and had it delivered.  ASM K and N said the only reason they called me down was to just find out why I'd made the mistakes; "This is unlike you."  Unexpectely broke down and told them about the stress I'd been under the past week, due to S's pregnancy and miscarriage, plus getting taxes done.  My job's not in jeopardy; they were just concerned, which made ME feel better; this proves I DO know how to do my job.  

The only issue which puzzled me was ASM K told me she wanted me to be more of a cashier and less of a pro.....I've NEVER tried to be a pro, so not sure what she was getting at, other than to not take any more phone orders!  Which I normally don't do anyway....

Went to lunch (McA's) at 3:30 and struck up a conversation at the next table, and even sold a book!  Returned to work to HC M dealing with a customer wanting to know about his total.  Helped her with it; turned out she had ALREADY TOLD HIM THE CORRECT AMOUNT, but since I redid it, he was happy.  ??????  Anyway, things went well, and even got to catch a glimpse of TDS; even spoke to J, who asked us about where to find furniture legs.  Texted him about it; he confirmed yes, that was her, and he'd not seen me.  Told him I only caught a glimpse of him before he disappeared down the insulation aisle.  Took my final break shortly after, and looked for them, but they were gone.

Swept; pulled trash, and gathered paperwork at 7, after Cait put the soda away and left. Locked the doors at 8pm after my finaly customer, then after HC M cleaned me out, tossed my trash in the hopper and waited until Loader AM returned with said hopper and brought in the concrete.

Also got to see JJ Bennett, and ring up not only her items but her Uncle Jack's.  So good to see her!

Former Loader Juan even popped in to say hi; he passed his training and begins orientation on the CSX R/R tomorrow:)

Outfit:  Lt gray IN sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, zircon earrings, spider mask

No comments: