Monday, March 7, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W2

 Day 7:  $4,606 (and 2 cents!)  NO MORE MASKS!!!!!!!!!

Arrived and bought a bag of Chex mix, then went to Lumber.  Things were MUCH slower tonight; think it's because the temps dropped back into the 40s. Was busy for the first fifteen minutes, then did the soda count and the prelim duties.....and began sweeping.  Went to lunch at 7:30, and only needed 3 o/r:  One for a price-matched table saw; one for a microwave; and the third one for a door.  Pulled trash, brought in the carts off the sidewalk; did my LU and AP4Me.  Locked the doors at 9 and brought in the cull pack, walked HC M to the front, then tossed the trash, helped Loader AW put some discounted drywall on top of the cull pack, and put up my vest.  Didn't wear the back brace at all, and felt pretty good.  

Outfit:  Blue hooded Cabela's sweatshirt, dark jeggings. Forgot my hearing aids and my earrings.


Day 8:  $4,898

Arrived and took over for B.  Was fairly steady, but did manage to get the soda count done AND put away by 7:30. Did the prelim duties, and went to break at 7:30.  After, pulled trash and swept, then sanitized the registers and counters of #1-3.  Locked the doors at 9, walked HC M to  the front, then took the trash back before putting up my vest.

Witnessed sticker shock:  My final customer came in for plumbing parts, and it rang up $63.  He was dumbfounded; I showed him the cost, and asked what he wanted me to take off.  "All of it.  Some of those were only 49 cents last week!" 

Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Gray/leopard LS shirt, dark jeggings, blue and silver sapphire hoops, LJs.


Day 9:  $5,216

Arrived and took over for B, then did the soda count and other prelim duties.  Needed one o/r for a discounted door, and had to call for 1s, 5s, and 10s.  Kelly relieved me at 7:30 for break; I swept the area thoroughly, including under all the mats, including #2 and 3. ASM N and HC A came down before 9 and told me to go ahead and lock the doors; clocked out at 9:15.  Had Loader AW take the trash to the hopper while I put up my vest.

Outfit:  Red turtleneck, black vest, LJs, dark jeggings, blue and silver sapphire hoops.


Day 10:  Rare Saturday $13,338 (and 15 cents!)

Arrived, and began on a strange note:  Clocked in and was told I wasn't supposed to be there til 3, but my schedule said 1!  ASM Jess said she'd fix it.  Arrived in Lumber, and asked Em and Liv who I was taking over for....L said she'd just arrived, and Em had returned from lunch.  HC M came down and sent L to the front, moved E to #2 and told me to be on #1.  Shift went well; I went to break at 2:30, since E was due to leave at 3, and when I returned, Ryan arrived to give me a break.  E 'took her break' while R took over for her:)  Only needed 2 o/r:  One for a door and one for carpet.  

I went to lunch (Subway) at 6, and when I came back, started doing the closing duties.  Was told we weren't doing soda count, so shuffled 'em around and pulled 'em forward.  Went to my final break at 8:30, and we didn't have anyone from 9:10 on.  I swept and sanitized, and even locked the doors at 9:45, while E from LG was bringing in the concrete.  HC H cleaned me out and I took the trash down, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Sold 2 copies of Rex to D. Troyer and 2 copies to ASM Mel.  Was told Cody C wants one and Neil G is going to check with his wife about one:)

Outfit:  Black v-neck tunic, black/white poncho, LJs, dark jeggings, blue and silver sapphire hoops, blue fingerless gloves.


Day 11:  Rare Sunday  $25,922

Arrived and again Kronos told me I was early; was supposed to be there at 1. WTH???  ASM M said she'd fix it.  Was on #2 for 1st half of shift; Emma was returning from break as I arrived; took mine at 12:30 and sent her to lunch at 1.  Was busy for 30 mins, then while I needed an o/r for discounted lumber, hopped on #3 and rang up 3 customers.  ASM G gave me the o/r....then my scanner went down.  HC C changed the battery, but register wouldn't respond.  Stayed on #3, and rebooted #2 3 times....then had Emma unplug it....then the printer malfunctioned.  Shut off printer and continued to use #3 for 15 mins, then tried #2 again with success!  Sent E to break at 2:45, then I went to lunch (McA's) at 3, and D and A showed up.  Returned at 4, and Noah arrived 'to send me to lunch'....told him I'd just gotten back!  Was steady the rest of the night, and Adrienne showed up at 7:30 to break.  W showed up, so put him to work returning items, running carts.and helping Loader AW.  At 8, sent him to the hopper with the trash, then let him out to sit in AW's car.  After HC H cleaned me out, walked her up and put up my vest.  I'd also swept the floor at 7pm.  Clocked out at 8:15.

Outfit:  Maroon 3/4 shirt, black vest, dark jeggings, LJs, blue and silver sapphire hoops, blue fingerless gloves. 

No comments: