Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Life in Lumber Y4, W4

 Day 16:  $5,636 (and 76 cents)

Arrived to find Loader M painting the counters, so had to be on #2 for about an hour.  1st couple of customers were routine, then one told me he had an invoice.  Okay, found it. Verified pick up date, and then a new screen popped up.  Called HC J to see what to do; she didn't know, so while she dealt with that, I hopped over to J's register to ring up any customer paying with a card. Customer finally said they would pay for everything but the invoice, while cabinets researched the issue, and he was out the door.  I was finally able to pop over to #1, and things went smooth until another customer came up with discounted items....only one wasn't discounted. ASM K and another associate went back to check, and reported no.  The customer persisted, and went back to get the price tag.  Turned out, it WAS the same item #, so called HC H down for an o/r, then held onto the tag so I could show ASM N, should it be brought to question.  He thanked me for showing it to him. and said he knew who had checked it.  ASM K ticked me off mildly when I was ringing up a customer, and she said, "Receipt."  I almost replied, "Yep, it's a reciept all right!", but checked myself.  She was leaving, which meant my night was about to get a lot better!

Pulled trash, did my LU and AP4Me, and went to break at 8.  Came back and swept for an hour, then wiped down the counters, including the corner one. It rained during the entire shift, so exercised my right not to bring in any carts from the sidewalk.  Loader N got his forklift license, so set the safety pallets and brought in the concrete at 9:30.  HC H cleaned me out a little after ten, and clocked out at 10:15.

Found out District Mgr is arriving on Thursday, so will probably have to do some extra cleaning tomorrow!

Outfit:  Teal LS shirt, faded jeggings, thick gold hoops.


Day 17:  $13,193 (and 72 cents)-WHAT????

1st of all, I didn't think I had that many $1+K sales, or was that busy.  That blows my mind...on a WEDNESDAY???

Anyway, arrived and took over for B on #3, since 1 had shut down and 2's counter was freshly painted.  I didn't move to #2 for an hour, and even when I did, still had to use #3, due to customers holding up the line for an o/r, or 'I just need to grab one more thing...'

Went to lunch at 7 and when I came back, Cait was upset because her ex's parents, for whatever reason (she broke up with their son and Mommy Dearest apparently went psycho and burned Cait's clothing and other belongings), had been sitting in their car outside her apartment, then followed her to work.  Cait was shaking, so I went up front to make sure she told ASM N about it.  No word if anything transpired. Pulled trash and began sweeping.  #2's pinpad did something weird, so was on #3 while ASM N fixed it.  He rebooted #1 and got it reworking, so moved over around 8. Cleaned off the corner counter again, where Loader M had been standing and painting. 

Activated the door from #2, and the button got stuck.  Brandon W came down and took it apart, then put up a sign not to use it, after joking with me about not knowing my own strength!

Loader N set the safety pallets and brought in the concrete at 9:45, then I locked the doors.  HC H cleaned me out at 10; I took the trash to the hopper, then relocked the door after letting N out.  Returned items to Lighting, Flooring, and Hardware, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Tomorrow, visit from Corporate.

Outfit:  Brown shirt, faded jeggings, thick gold hoops.


Day 18:  $$5,529 (and 78 cents)

Arrived and even before I got to Lumber, I heard ASM K's voice.  Sigh....okay, I got this.  Discovered she was leaving at 6:30....yay!  (I know, wrong attitude.  But I cannot do anything RIGHT with her in the vicinity....okay, okay, I'll do better to change my attitude.)  Took over for B and discovered the entire Pro area had reverted to HS-like tactics/attitude (so it's not JUST me??)....S refused to paint with Matt and was hauled into the office for a chat with Steve; C, K, and J were whining about whatever.  Discovered Kim M broke my broom; she went to use it and it snapped. (RIP Broom)

You know you've worked somewhere a long time when you get attached to your cleaning implements...

Had a customer come to the desk with a list; I called ASM K, then told her 'never mind', because I thought it was lumber, and Loader M could pull it.  Then found out it was FLOORING, so called her back, only get my head snapped off (figuratively) with a 'I can't now; I've got a door open...she'll just have to wait."  M called her to see about pulling some of it, and she was nicer to him. *eye roll*

I shut off our promo TV at 6:30.  

In my defence....the customer left to go find another item; K tosses down her pen and says, "Girl, I can't take much more of her."  I walked over to tell her my good news about daughter getting married, but all I got from her was an eye roll and a shake of the head.  Okayyyyy....you tell me who has the better people skills????  I acknowledge she and I have a major personality clash, one that may or may not ever find common ground.  I HONESTLY HAVE TRIED!!!!  Then, she had to have ASM N refund/rebill two items, due to not being in stock, then I heard her complain about 'So much going on right now!'  Welcome to my world some shifts!

After she left at 6:30, things settled down.  I did the soda count, pulled trash, and other prelim duties, and did my LU.  Began sweeping, then Joe F arrived for his order.  I pulled up his invoice, loaded his LAR, and printed his ticket, then had to find the other order.  Finally found it, but had issues printing it, so called ASM N down.  Turns out all I had to do was put a 'P' by the order, not 'S'.  *head slap*

Brenda sent me to break at 8, and since I discovered Val had left her wallet in the bathroom, returned it to her 1st, before heading back.  She was very appreciative!

Finished sweeping and ringing up customers, cleaned the register counters, filled the soda, and helped Emma fill the snacks. Final customer was at 9:45, and just after I rang up all 3 carts, discovered my register had shut itself off.  Signed back in and rang it all up again (touch screen does this if you've been inactive 15 or so minutes....very annoying!).  Loader N left at 10, and said the forklift outside wouldn't start, and he'd seen C not set the safety pallets before.  Oooookaaaaay.... HC J cleaned me out while I took the trash down, then ASM N asked if I'd take a cart back to RTM and trash.  So I put up my vest, grabbed the cart, and did that, then clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Gray hooded sweatshirt, faded jeggings, LJs, thick gold hoops


Day 19:  Rare Saturday (final one for at least a month!) $19,901 (and 30 cents)

Arrived to find a couple needing help with drywall; walked up and asked Em who our loader was.  AW had called in; AM was around somewhere.  I asked ASM K where AM was..."He's WORKING; he hasn't even had a lunch yet."  I said okay, and told her about the couple.  "Okay." And she went on doing whatever she was doing.

When she left a few mins later, Em looked at me and said there was NO REASON for her to be snippy with me; it was a perfectly logical question.  Whatever....Later, we weren't very busy, and K asked one of us if we'd sweep under the lumber bins.  I jumped at the chance, and swept nearly the entire right side, as well as ringing up customers.  

Em left at 3, and I realized I'd not taken my break.  4 came....then 5.....finally at 5:30, Liv came down.  I logged off and went to collect my coat and book, then went to the restroom. I'd heard K say there was to be nothing behind or in front of the desk; I had a customer who was returning for the rest of his lumber, so I put a sticker on it and had him park it in the aisle.  Told Loader AL about it; K told me it should be behind the desk!  Can I not do ANYTHING right by her????

Clocked out for lunch at 5:50, and went to Subway.  Returned an hour later and started the closing duties. Checked out an insulation machine for a customer and put the date as 2066!  Geez.... Swept the floor and sanitized the counters.  Liv sent me to break at 8:45, and when I returned, pulled trash, did LU, and swept the mats.  HC C cleaned me out; Loader Al took my trash to the hopper; I returned an item to Electrical, then put up my vest.  Pushed two carts to LG, then clocked out at 10:30.

Found out Darrin was fired, due to missing too much work.  The man had a heart attack last summer!  Geez....what about Jill's call ins, with her cancer treatment???

Theresa B (D's cousin) officially retired!

Outfit:  Blue crewneck Cabella's sweatshirt, new dark jeggings, LJs, large zirconian studs.


Day 20: Rare Sunday (think there's one or two for April) $12,985 (and 78 cents)

Arrived and began ringing up customers. Things went smoothly; ASM K went to lunch; I took my break, then Em went to lunch. Needed an o/r for paint, and when K returned, she needed two temp cards printed.  I was able to do the 1st, but not the second, due to too many customers in line, so ASM N came down to do it.  I went to lunch (McAs) at 3, and when I returned, did the soda count.  K left after I came back, and at 6, Em left, so I hopped over to #1 and started the closing duties.  HC J brought down the soda; I put it away and swept. At 7:45, had a customer tell me she thought we closed at 10; I told her only M-Sat. Locked the doors at 8, took the trash down while HC J was cleaning me out, and put up my vest. Clocked out at 8:25.

Outfit:  Bless this Mess sweatshirt, new dark jeggings, LJs, thin gold hoops.

I'm off until Tuesday!!


No comments: