Monday, March 14, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W3

 Day 12:  $3,167 (and 26 cents!)

Arrived and realized I'd left my phone at home.  Told ASM N what was going on, and clocked in at 5:15.  Took over for B, and my 5th customer had an expired LBA, so got him approved for another one....but then couldn't find the temporary one.  ASM N was down, trying to get #2 to work, so he took over the customer while I dealt with the line on #3.  He finally got the customer paid, and I went back to #1, and began the prelim duties.  Got the soda count finished by 6:30. Was busy with customers until 7:30, then started to do my LU when Marilyn came down and sent me to break.  Afterward, I swept the floor, did LU and AP4Me, and at 9pm, began sanitizing the registers and the counters. Cody C came in and bought a copy of Rex, and my final customer was at 9:30.  Locked the doors at 9:50 and sent Loader AW down with the trash.  HC M cleaned me out at 10, and clocked out at 10:20.

Fairly certain I had a customer not pay for concrete...unless he paid for it up at CS.  He told me he wanted 3 bags of concrete and 3 bags of Silica sand.  I rang it up, but apparently we had neither on hand.  I sent him to CS for a refund, but he never came back with his replacement concrete to pay for it.

Tomorrow is HC M's final day; I'm going to bring her some 'adult' cupcakes (alcohol instead of water).  She's moving north of Tampa, Fl

Outfit:  Blue palm tree sweatshirt, dark jeggings, gold and diamond hoops.


Day 13:  $7,611

Arrived and took over for B.  Did soda count and prelim duties; went to break at 7:30.  Came back and started doing the closing duties.  Pulled trash and swept, then at 9, did my LU and my refresher course in aisle spotting, blockers, etc.  Rang up final customer at 9:45, and locked the doors at 10.  When HC J arrived to clean me out, I handed her the tax exempts and loading tickets, then took the trash to the hopper.  Clocked out at 10:15 and discovered I am tied with ASM N and Kelly for credit apps (3 each for the week).

Outfit:  Black tunic, yellow plaid vest, dark jeggings, gold and diamond hoops.


Day 14:  $5,690

Arrived and as I was checking my email, a guy asked if he was in the right place for an interview.  I said yes, and that I would try to get ahold of someone, to tell them he was there.  Found out ASM K was closing, but no answer.  Tried CS; no answer.  Zach was getting ready to leave the break room, so asked him to stop by CS to tell an ASM about the interviewee.  I clocked in and went to lumber as ASM K was leaving the area.  Asked if she was conducting an interview, to which she snapped, "that's where I'm headed!"  Gee....is my head still attached???

Took over for B and had to contact K two more times.  Once for a Pro customer, and another for a cull pack customer, who wanted to pick it up tomorrow (it was raining).  Otherwise, she stayed away from me.  Had to have a couple of o/r:  One for a door, one for a discounted toilet, and one for a price match, which ended not being approved.  Turns out we don't price match Amazon....

Did the prelim duties and put away the soda around 7.  Went to lunch at 7:45, and afterward, pulled trash, swept, brought in carts, and sanitized the registers.  Checked out final customer at 9:50.  Also saw friend Angela and her new man, Kyle.

After HC C cleaned me out, locked the doors, took the trash to the hopper, and clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Lavander striped sweater, faded jeggings, diamond and gold hoops.


Day 15:  Rare Saturday  $19,011 (and 4 cents!)

Arrived; did my LU, then clocked in. Was on #2 until 3, when Liv went home.  Took my 1st break at 2:30. Had to do a cull pack, and ASM K tried to find it under a phone #, but it didn't work.  I rang it up my way, and it worked w/o needing an o/r.  Was sent to lunch at 4:30 (Cait relieved me; I went to McAs) and when I returned, did the soda count, only to discover we'd had 10 call ins, so we weren't doing it.  Fine by me!  We were mildly slammed between 6-7; had a woman with a door with a ding in it, and when she got it in her truck, she found another one.  K was dealing with another cull pack, so I politely asked her to wait until K was finished.  K told her to go to CS, and do a refund/rebill. Things slowed after that, and was able to sweep, pull trash, and sanitize both registers and counters.  Loader K got his forklift license, so set the safety pallets.   I locked the doors at 9:55.  Took the trash to the hopper after HC A cleaned me out.

Clocked out at 10:15.

Outfit:  Mama Bear sweatshirt, faded jeggings, LJs, textured gold hoops

Off the next two days!

No comments: