Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W5

 Day 21:  $4,811 (and 82 cents)

Arrived and did my LU, since I was 5 mins early.  Was dismayed to find ASM K closing, but was determined not to let it get me down.  Gathered paperwork and did the soda count; started ringing up customers. At 7, things slacked off, so began my AP4Me.  Was halfway done when I got a customer....and a Pro customer needed ASM K.  I finished with my customer, then did my final quiz.  K finishes with hers, then says to me, "Do you remember the conversation we had about keeping these two registers free for Pro customers?" 

"Yes, I do." I finished my quiz and checked my status; I've moved up to #22.

"Okay."

I seethed inwardly, because there was NO ONE AROUND WHEN I STARTED!!!!!

I swept the floor and gathered the trash, then Kelly relieved me for break.  After I returned, I sanitized Reg #2 and 3, and the counters, put away the soda, and dragged in the carts from the sidewalk.

Earlier, a customer had hit the doors with a tub, and knocked it off the track.  We couldn't get them working properly, so put a note on the door.  When I returned from break, they were working again.

Needed two o/r:  One for discounted carpet and another for $20 off a hot water heater.

Think I finished my Rock Star story!!

ASM K cleaned me out; I took the trash to the hopper, then returned items to Electrical and ductwork.

Oh, we also lost a $1K sale:  Customer was going to buy $1000 in wire, but couldn't find anyone to help him.  He and I had a chat about the difference between the hardware stores in town, and how ours is very lacking in customer service in the evenings.

Clocked out at 10:11.

Outfit:  Gray/white striped sweater, new dark jeggings, LJs, thick silver hoops


Day 22:  $9,508 (and 68 cents)

Arrived; discovered B had called in and our plexiglass is gone!!!!!  Took over for Kenzie, and discovered ASM K was off:)  Did soda count and prelim duties, gathered trash, and swept.  Was a nice, slower-paced shift, and did my LU without any complaints (lol!).

After HC J cleaned me out, I took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:20.  Dare I hope tomorrow goes as well????

Outfit:  Brown sweater, new dark jeggings, LJs, thick silver hoops.


Day 23:  $10,667 (and 2 cents)

Arrived to find B had called in again, and so did Loader Al and K.  Jean from LG showed up for 90 minutes, thankfully, since we had several demands for loaders!  Also discovered Liv had already done the soda count and ASM K had the day off!  Did my other prelim duties and was very busy until 7. Put away the soda, and was sent to lunch at 8.  When I came back, swept and pulled trash, then sanitized the counters.  After HC H cleaned me out, I took the trash to the hopper and returned items to Paint and Hardware.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Blue/white striped sweater, new faded jeggings, LJs, thick silver hoops.


Day 24:  Rare Sunday $19,706 (and 86 cents)

Arrived and immediately began ringing up customers.  Was busy all the way until I went to lunch at 3 (McAs). I came back at 4 and did the soda count before we got busy again.  Em took her 2nd break, and Liv came down and finished the soda count, then brought it to me.  I took my last break at 5:30, after ringing up 2 customers for drywall.  One for 50 sheets of 8 ft, and 14 sheets of 12 ft.  Loader K finally got the 1st customer loaded, but we couldn't find the second.  Saw Chet and Marlene, who bought a copy of Rex. After Em left, I did the closing duties, my LU, and swept. Locked the doors at 8, and returned items to Hardware, Tools, Lighting, and Electrical..

Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Home Grown sweatshirt, black jeans, LJs, and thin silver hoops.

No comments: