Monday, May 16, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W12

 Day 54:  $7,954 (and 92 cents)

Went to Culver's for lunch before my shift, and after clocking in, took over for B, who said he'd had a moderately slow day.  But evening shift was non-stop! I didn't get the soda count done until nearly 8, and only zoned the Monster and Red Bulls.  Liv sent me to break at 7:30, and it was well after 8:30 before I started pulling trash and spot-sweeping.

Loader Al informed me he'd broken my dustmop.  RIP.....it was a good 13 months.

Customer A told me the buckets were discounted; later I discovered it was the LIDS.

Customer B was incensed at how expensive the PVC fittings were, and had me take them off, even after I offered to knock 8 of them down from $1.97 to $1.38.

Did manage to do my LU while Al was taking out the trash.  Returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, Paint, Hardware, and ISLG before grabbing some cash register tape, then putting up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Blue baseball tee, cut off capris, small gold hoops


Day 55:  $6,002 (an 19 cents)

Today was waaaay better than yesterday!  (No full moon!!). Was able to get the soda count done AND the Monster cooler straightened up by 6:30.  Adriane sent me to lunch at 7:30, and when I returned, did the closing duties, my LU, and AP4Me.

It's a good thing I have a hard head....customer had one sheet of concrete board resting against the handle part of a flat cart. I rang it up, then moved on to the morter. Was bending over to scan the final bag when the board fell on my head, knocking off my glasses! Thankfully, glasses did NOT break, and my head only smarted for a moment.

Loader E was very careful and precise with the forklift, and didn't clock out until after 10:30.

Outfit:  Blue/white striped tee, cut off capris, small gold hoops.


Day 56:  $5,529 (and 44 cents)

Thought tonight might be busy, since it rained all day, and stopped by the time I arrived.  Was fairly busy the 1st hour, but managed to get the soda count done AND the Pro coolers reorganized.  In fact, was sweeping by 6:30, and got all the mats mucked out, and the OSB area swept, including the Pro counter area on the outside.  Someone had spilled chips.

Matt sent me to break at 7:30, but I first helped a gentleman in Tools, before heading to Receiving to get trash bags ("can liners"). Returned close to 8 and finished sweeping, then brought in the carts on the sidewalk and the drink cart.  Was reprimanded by ASM J for being on my phone.  Whatever.....there were NO CUSTOMERS!  But did manage to get a little more written.  Oh, and did my LU before I'd even clocked in.  Got all of them wrong, for the 1st time. Oops...

Held a mock, Lumber version of 'Sword In The Stone', when a customer came in with the glue, and couldn't get it open.  Loader E used pliers, and finally, AL just went and got another container, which opened a little better.  "You have been chosen!"

Had to take back items to Plumbing, Electrical, Lights, Tools, Fashion Bath, and Hardware, in addition to my trash to the Receiving hopper.  Rang up HC C's pool noodles and accessories, then clocked out at 10:45.  Agreed to cover Em's shift tomorrow....whoot!

Outfit: Rob Strong tee, cut off capris, small gold hoops.


Day 57:  $4,810 (and 97 cents)

Poured right before shift, so knew it might be a slow night....and it was. Had soda count done by 6:15, and the place swept by 7.  Went to break at 8:30, and when I returned, sanitized the registers and pulled the trash.  Put the soda away, and locked the doors at 10. ASM K cleaned me out, and we clocked out at 10:10.

Outfit:  Blue/gray Las Vegas tee, cut off capris, small gold hoops.  Tornado warning and torrential downpour.


Day 58:  $11,298 (and 65 cents)

Arrived at 4 and immediately went to work helping with the line.  Sonia was happy to see me, and so was Jeremy:)  Was steady all night; B left at 4:30, had soda count finished by 5:30; did the closing duties done by 7, and pulled trash at 8.  Was sent to lunch late (9 pm!), so after I returned, all I had to do was finish sweeping; Val had already sanitized. Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Soft Tribble tee, cut off capris, small gold hoops.


Day 59:  Rare Sunday $16,599 (and 24 cents)

Arrived and joined Em; was fairly steady all day.  ASM K told me she'd gotten 3 credit apps, and asked how many I was going to get.  I answered back, "One, hopefully!"  Turned out, I got 2 CC.  Em went to lunch at 1, and I went at 3:15, and tried to do my LU, but K told me, "You're not supposed to do that up here."  Pooh on her...did 2 questions, then went to lunch.  Came back and did the rest on my break in the back, only to find out she'd left at 4.  So had a NICE eveining!  

Em left at 6 and did the soda count and closing duties.  Just as we were closing, got word that a customer was coming with a $600 lumber order.  He arrived at 8:15, and it was only $350.  Took the trash to the hopper, then returned items to Plumbing, Hardware, and Storage, then took the front's trash to the hopper and two items to Receiving.  Clocked out at 8:45.

Outfit:  CBS tee, dark jeggings, silver dangles.

No comments: