Monday, May 2, 2022

Life in Lumber Y4, W10

 Day 45:  $6,066 (and 75 cents)

Arrived and had a WTH moment when Mgr G was telling Loader C "So I don't have to micro-manage so much...'  I nearly asked, "You mean you actually MANAGE?", but bit my tongue!   Took over for B, and after ringing up a few customers, had the soda count done before 6.  Paul A arrived, and I passed along Pro J's message, and he went to find his order.  An hour later, Loaders C and Al pushed his order up, and both ASMs M and K rang him up.  I did the prelim duties, and Em sent me to break at 7:30.  When I came back, began sweeping, and final customer was at 9pm. 

Had one customer say yes to donating her change, then was surprised when I began pulling out her $67.  She thought she donated ALL of it, ha ha!

Locked the doors at 9:50 when Loader AL began to bring in the concrete.  Found out K is leaving for the summer and they fired N.  So definitely NEED to get W into see Misty!!

Returned one item to plumbing, and handed off the curtain hooks to Charlie.  Clocked out at 10:15.

Outfit:  Fuzzy Socks tee, new faded jeggings, gold hoop earrings.

I'm off tomorrow; heading up to Lafayette to spend my 31st anniversary with Mom:)

Happy 19th birthday David Co and Grace Ca, and Happy 12th to Ben Ca:)


Day 46:  $4,853 (and 8 cents)

Arrived, and bought a deadbolt for Sara. Immediately helped with the line, then did the soda count and prelim duties.  Things were fairly steady until 7:20, when Liv sent me to break. Came back and swept, bought a bag of Gardetto's and printed off my pay stub, checked my email and schedule, and did my LU and heat exhaustion training.  After HC J cleaned me out, took the trash to the hopper and waited for Loader K to finish setting the safety pallets.  Clocked out at 10:15.

Outfit:  Star Wars tee, red v-neck, new faded jeggings, gold hoop earrings.


Day 47:  $8,541 (and 76 cents)

Arrived and took over for B, then did the soda count.  Was steady all the way until 7:30, when I began the prelim duties.  Em sent me to break, and when I returned, put away the soda and finished pulling trash and began sweeping.  Did my LU and mucked out the mats around 9:30, then organized the returns.  Locked the doors at 10, and when HC J cleaned me out, returned items to RW, Plumbing, Electrical, Tools, and ISLG.  Clocked out at 10:15.

Got a service star!!  ASM N said a survey came in and that I "engaged with her child, and now child wants to go back to" the store:)

Outfit:  Black V-neck tunic, new faded jeggings, gold hoop earrings


Day 48:  $12,775 (and 48 cents)

Arrived and immediately began ringing up customers.  Had the soda count finished by 6, and prelim duties and LU by 7. Started sweeping, but kept get interrupted, so finished after my break from 8:15-30. Around 9:30, pulled trash and mucked out the mats, and sanitized the registers and counters.  Loader AL broke a safety pallet, so put Loader K in charge of the door after HC J cleaned me out.  Clocked out at 10:15.

Only needed on o/r, and that was for a discounted water heater.  Also 'ordered' a sink, but there was none in the network, so customer's going to get a phone call, ASM N said.

W has interview tomorrow at 12:30 with ASM M.

Today was Mel's last day, as well as Loader K's.  Signed M's card...."You got me into this and now you're LEAVING?  Love you!"

Outfit:  CBS tee, red v-neck, dark jeggings, gold hoop earrings


Day 49:  Rare Sat $18,931 (and 71 cents)

Today was interesting.  Drove S's Jeep so she could use my van to move into her new apt.  Took W in for his interview, and Mgr S ended up conducting it. I clocked in and discovered I was 30 mins early, so did my LU, then went on down to Lumber.  Worked with Lexi, whom I was happy to see was NOT afraid to go get carts and MOVE out from behind the counter, ha ha!

W arrived at the counter at 1 and said his interview had gone well, and should expect a call by Wed.  Turns out he knows Tanner, our new loader.  S called; D's BP was 171/100; I called ASM N to let him know I might have to leave, and he said we didn't have coverage.  Told him if I got another call, I was going to leave, and he said okay; they'd deal with it.  W went home to keep an eye on him.

We really weren't that busy, but fairly steady, and I took a quick pit stop at 2:45 to grab my book for my lunch break.  Lex left at 3, and K called, asking when my lunch was.  I thought it was at 4....then was THRILLED when TDS and JAS appeared next to OSB, and T waved at me.  Went over to chat for a few, and officially met J, and was introduced as 'an old college friend, who dated SS'.  I just went along with it.  Matt passed the bar and is now in Chicago.  No word about Gretch's wedding, so I played dumb. Then had to get back to the register, and was hoping they'd check out through me, but no....still, it was good to see him, and now I want to see him again even more.  It's been nearly ten years.....he's still sexy!

At 5:30, I saw Mgr N and jokingly told him I was 'wasting away....when am I getting sent to lunch?'  He said 6:30....there had been a few call ins, so they were shuffling people around.  I called K.  At 6:45, Marilyn showed up, and I skeddadled over to Subway.  K bought me lunch, and had a nice visit with he and Miss B.  S and A showed up, and said D was doing better.  I returned to work.

An hour later, S called; D had vomited and was shaking.  I called ASM M and told her I needed to leave. Marilyn returned, and I told her just to pull the trash and hand the paperwork to HC J at the end, and I'd clean it up on Sunday.  I then went home and bullied D into getting into the truck.  Took him to the ER; his BP was up, and he had a temp of 101.  An hour later, it went up to 102.  He tested neg for CV and flu, but tests revealed his heart was enlarged.  By 2 am, his fever broke, his BP returned to normal, and he was more lucid than he'd been at 9pm, so they let him go home, b/c he couldn't give them a urine sample.  Was home by 3am.

Outfit:  Gray hooded sweatshirt, dark jeggings, gold hoop earrings.


Day 50:  Rare Sun Happy Mother's Day!  $14,248 (and 37 cents)

Woke up at 10:45 and called ASM N to tell him what took place at the ER, and the fact I'd not gotten home until after 3, and had just woken up.  Told him I'd be in by noon. Arrived at 12:30 and helped Lexi, then she went to lunch at 1. When she returned, they needed her up front, and that's when things got interesting. I was ringing people up as fast as I could, when a customer brought me an SOS order they'd found in the clearance bin.  While I was waiting for HC J or ASM N to come down, I hopped over to 2 and rang up customers until 2's pinpad shut down.  By then, #1 was free again.  Was busy all the way til 5, and did manage to get the soda count done and the floor partially swept.  Noah relieved me for lunch (McA's) and when I returned, did the closing duties and rang up my last customer at 7:55.  Had Loader E (who CUT his hair!!!) watch the door so I could make a pit stop.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Bless This Mess sweatshirt, dark jeggings, diamond flower earrings.


No comments: