Monday, February 6, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y4, W50

Day 208:  $6150
Arrived and took over for B, who informed me I needed to find a forklift driver and spotter. One page later, I had 'em. Then another customer wanted 36 sheets of drywall....and yet another customer was getting our cull lumber and drywall, and another stack of cull 2x4s.  But it took soooooo long to get any o/r!!  That first hour, I think I was actually on #2 longer than 1, and also rang up customers on Sonjia's.  At one point, I was getting ready to ring up a customer when S logged me out so she could use it!  Um, thanks....

After S left at 6, that's when the customers with the 2 cull carts caused me issues, and think it was an HOUR before they were finally rung up, overridden, and paid, and out the door. Marilyn sent to me break at 7:30, and when I returned, managed to pull the trash, front the soda, do my AP4Me, E-mail Shaun,  LU, AND request my March and April dates off.  Put in for May 3 and 5-7th, and forgot about the 12-14th.  I'll do that tomorrow.

Did NOT have time to properly sweep.  Final customer realized after we closed he'd been given the wrong door, so HC C and I left Loader E2 in charge of the door while we took the $$ up front.  I put up my vest, then HC C got it straightened out, and had me put up HER vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Thank god, I'm off tomorrow....ASM K left at 6.  Whoot!  ASM M closed.

Outfit:  Blue hooded Cabela's sweatshirt, dark jeggings, LJs, sea horses.

Day 209:  $3615
Arrived and Lumber wasn't that busy, so copied the medical sheets for D, looked at my schedule, requested off for the 13th. Then decided to fill the soda, so did that.  Got hit with a severe gas pain, so took my break early and spent it in the bathrooom.  Note to Self:  No more eating all 4 tiny tubs of chicken salad and crackers!

Em arrived at 5:30, and she helped me fill the soda coolers. She and I both rang up customers and worked on the side stuff; I pulled the trash and helped a customer find the floor jacks. At 7, Em took her break; I filled the bags and started on my LU, then checked my training and did that.  Also printed off my paystub.  Endured a quiet admonishment from Mgr G, due to an irate customer waiting 20 mins for drywall.  Em had paged; I had paged...yeah, in hindsight, maybe one of us could have gone down to get G and Loader E2's attention; she was ringing up customers, I was finishing up the coolers.

I finally clocked out at 8:10.  ASM K was off today!!

Outfit:  Mama Bear sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, LJs, thin gold hoops.

Day 210:  $7518
Arrived and took over for B, then was fairly busy until 6:30. Managed to spot-sweep, do the prelim duties, and muck out the mats, then Jaylee sent me to break at 7:30. Afterward, pulled trash and sanitized the registers. Wiped down all 3 register counters, and pulled the outside trash.  HC C came down and told me the 23rd will be her last day; she's moving to Kohl's after being passed over for Front End Supervisor.  Checked the schedule; I'm the 13th senior staff member, not counting MST and stocking depts. Loader E2 didn't show, so Blake and Brighton came down to sraighten up and bring in the concrete. After ASM K cleaned me out, I took the trash to the hopper, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Brown sweater, new faded jeggings, LJs, silver chains

Day 211:  $5641
Arrived and took over for B, then discovered Theresa was selling GS cookies at  the other exit.  Spent the next 3 hours telling every single customer about it, and T even brought me 1/2 a box of Thin Mints as a Thank You:)  ASM K bit my head off, b/c I found Pro S's apron in the trash, and asked if she'd quit.

"Is your name S?" (snotty attitude)

She left at 6 and things were smooth sailing after that.  Did the prelim duties, fronted the soda, and got the floor swept, and even my LU. Did NOT get the mats mucked; too busy. Em sent me to break at 7:30, and when I returned, rang up customers and got the trash pulled. Wiped off #1's counter, pulled the outside trash, brought in the cull cart, and waited while Loader E1 took the hopper out. He returned and said he had other stuff to do, so left him in charge of the door and put up my vest. Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Maroon plaid, black vest, black LS, new faded jeggings, LJs, triple loops with black sparkles.

Decided to keep track of the songs:
I Knew You Were Waiting For Me (G. Michael/A. Franklin)
Again (Lenny Kravitz)
Not The Only One (Bonnie Raitt)
Budapest (George Ezra)
Hourglass (Squeeze)
Breathe (Faith Hill)
Every Day is A Winding Road (Sheryl Crow)
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause (John Couger Mellencamp...only 1st verse??)
Lessons In Love (Level 42)
????
Circle In The Sand (Belinda Carlysle-again, only the 1st verse??)
?????
Glory of Love (Peter Cetara)
Here I Am (Bryan Adams)
Shake It Off (Taylor Swift)
Fascination (Human League)
Kiss Me (Sixpence None The Richer)
Why Don't You and I (Santana w/Nickleback)

No comments: