Monday, February 27, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W1

 Day 1:  $7658

Arrived; things were slow until B left, then WHAM!  Everyone came in, and I was busy until 7. At one point, was waiting for a price-match on #1, so was on #2 until ASM S came down to approve it. Adriane sent me to break at 7, and when I returned, things were slower, so was able to do the closing duties and sweep. Had a customer clean me out of $10s, $5s, and $1s, so went back to #2, where I stayed the rest of the time. Pulled trash, mucked under all the mats, and fronted the soda, plus did my LU and AP4Me. Checked and read my email, and submitted May 12th and 14th off (S's baby shower-may have to go get Mom on the 12th and return her on the 14th). After ASM S cleaned me out, I walked him up front, then put up my vest.

We have new music on the overhead!!!  It's tuned to a country station.

Outfit: Maroon 3/4 sleeve blouse, white vest, faded jeggings, gold and diamond loops.


Day 2:  $3425

Arrived and took over for B.  Pro Seth was leaving, and told me to keep an eye on a certain cart. Weeeeelll....two hours later, that cart was missing.  Asked Loader E2 about it, and he thought it was the cart with the shingles.  /Fingers crossed he's right....

Did the prelim duties and fronted ALL the soda (nearly cleaning out the far Coke one!). Did LU, and swept thoroughly. Adriane sent me to break at 7, and when I returned, began the closing duties.  Found some light bulbs with Mercury in them in the outside trash; sent E2 to the recycler with them. Mucked the mats and sanitized, and rang up final customer at close.  ASM K brought in the concrete, then ASM S cleaned me out.  Returned items to Millwork, then took the trash to Receiving. Clocked out at 9:30.

As Lex and I were waiting to be told to clock out, the middle exit alarm went off, and we discovered the doors weren't locked. 

Discovered we're getting a bonus this week!!!

Outfit:  Blue 'snowflake' sweater, red tank, faded jeggings, dark blue studs.


Day 3:  $7636

Went in at 3, and was told to go to Lumber. After K left, B and I sort of twiddled our thumbs, so I took inventory of the soda coolers and filled them, finishing up around 4:30. I went to the back and refilled my cup (we were out of water up front), then shooed B out the door.  I think EVERYONE showed up at the same time, for I was slammed for about 30 minutes. Then things quieted down and I got the prelim duties done. Had another rush at 6, and was unable to find a customer's P/L loading ticket. Adriane sent me to lunch at 7, and when I returned, started the closing duties, did my LU, swept, pulled trash, mucked out the mats, and sanitized the registers as well as the countertops for #1 and 2.

Was pissed at a customer who wanted three 50 lb concrete bags to be put into the cardboard bags,  This AFTER Mgr G and E2 were unavailable!  Fortunately, a customer stepped up and helped her.  She didn't understand I wasn't supposed to be away from my register that long, not with a line of people waiting!

HC J cleaned me out; I locked the doors and shut the large one at 9, then walked her up front and took my trash to Receiving.  Clocked out at 9:30.  ASM K had the day off!

Outfit:  Blue Whitehorse sweatshirt, faded jeggings, dark blue studs

My bonus on Fri after taxes:  $124.  At least I can catch up on last week's bills....

Day 4:  $6495

Kelly asked if I'd take her shift, so I did.  Was up front, and since it was raining, we were a little slow. Jax went to break at 6:30, then I was supposed to go at 7, but decided to wait until 7:15, which proved to be a good decision, since we had a minor 'rush'. I took my break at 7:15, then at 7:30, went to Lumber to give Em hers.

When I returned to the front, hopped on #9, since Lex was waiting for an o/r, and helped with the line.  After HC K cleaned out #8, I hopped on #10, and filled bags, swept, and helped Jax pull trash. Locked the doors at 9, then helped take carts down to Lumber. We all clocked out at 9:30.

ASM K had the day off!!

Outfit:  Red/yellow plaid, red tank, black vest, dark jeggings, LJs, thin gold hoops  


Day 5:  Rare Saturday $1895

Was called into work; Camille called in. Was up front, and alternately did Reg 10 and Self-Checkout. Pushed a lot of carts back to the front! At 7, I took over SCO from Caleb, then Brenda took her break. I took mine at 7:30, then gave Em her break. When Em returned, I took her returns to Tools and ISLG, then resumed my post at SCO until close.  After locking the doors, I took two carts down to Lumber, then told Em I'd stick around so she could leave (she wasn't feeling well), Fronted her soda and finished emptying her trash and general straightening up, then after HC J cleaned out #1, I returned items to Paint and Hardware, then pushed four more carts to Lumber and put up my vest. Clocked out at 9:50.

ASM K left at 6.  ASM S also told me he'd fix the schedule, so I could have Friday the 10th off, to go to the hockey game where granddaughter A and her choir is singing the Nat'l Anthem:)

Outfit:  Mama Bear sweatshirt, dark jeggings, LJs, thin gold hoops.


Day 6:  Rare Sunday $11,225

Arrived and took over for Angi, then was slightly busy until Em left at 4. Then I had 2 complicated customers....1) couldn't locate the right phone # for their LBA, so I finally saved it and they moved away, and 2) customer thought she'd activated her card, but didn't.  Did it over the phone, and everything was fine.  In the meantime, I paged for help, and Adriane came down for 1/2 an hour.  Things slowed, somewhat, and was able to start the closing duties...fronted soda, pulled trash.  Had to look up a contractor's P/L form, and once Loader Tim had it pulled, printed out the ticket.

Brenda sent me to break at 6:30, and when I returned, spot-swept and pulled the outside trash. Final customer left at 8, and literally locked the door behind them. Sanitized the registers and wiped down the counters.  HC J cleaned me out, and returned items to Electrical, Tools, and Hardware before taking the trash to Receiving.  Clocked out at 8:30.

ASM K left at 5; I didn't even see her.

Outfit:  Red hooded sweater, dark jeggings, LJs, small diamond hoops, tennis bracelet, diamond heart necklace.

No comments: