Monday, February 13, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y4, W51

 Day 212:  $4753

Arrived and took over for B; was fairly steady for an hour. Did the prelim duties, and fronted the soda. Discovered we have a new Coke cooler....ooooooh booooy.....

Kel sent me to break at 7, and when I returned, did my LU, AP4Me, and the Disturbance training, in addition to the closing duties. At 8:30, pulled trash and did a quick sweep, since Dalton and Steve were bringing out the hopper.  Then they brought in the concrete and locked the side doors for me. Loader E2 accidentally knocked over my water, so that took 5 minutes to clean up!

Alexa brought in her basset hound early, and first it peed, then did its other business father down aisle 20.  E2 didn't want to clean it up, so I had him stand at the register while I did it.

ASM J and new ASM S cleaned me out; I'd handed the returns to Dalton when he returned for his phone. He also bought me Chex mix, and another customer bought me a Kit Kat.

Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Lt gray IN sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, LJs, small gold hoops.

The bright part of the evening?  ASM K left at 3:)

Found out Pro S 'stormed out' last Friday????


Day 213:  $3168

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!  The SU took me to Old Chicago for a heart-shaped pizza.  Chose sausage, and it was a little spicier than normal. Note to self:  Do NOT get it again next year; crust never really 'set up'.  Was a little soggy.

Arrived and was at Self-Checkout for an hour, then went down to relieve B. Did prelim duties, and ended up sweeping the desk area, due to debris. Checked my email, and swept the entire area with the dustmop. Marilyn sent me to break at 7:30, so I returned items to Electrical, Tools, Paint, and Hardware. When I returned, fronted the soda, pulled the trash, sanitized the registers and all 3 counters. Had no customers from 8:30-close; HC C cleaned me out at 9; I took the trash to the hopper after locking all the doors, then returned shutters to Millwork and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Had a MAJOR brain fart:  Former ASM T arrived and wanted me to look up her card #.  Completely blanked on her 1st name.  Talk about a moronic moment.....told her I'd had pizza for lunch, and was suffering from 'brain fog'.

Outfit:  Red sweater, new faded jeggings, LJs, thin gold hoops, diamond heart necklace.


Day 214:  $4875

Accidentally on purpose went in at 4, and was on #9 for an hour before heading down to relieve B. Took over and was fairly busy for 30 mins, then Pro Seth wanted to leave early, so had him watch my register while I took a pit stop. After I returned, and S left, started the prelim duties., did my LU, and swept the area. At 7, Kel sent me to break, and when I returned, rang up customers and began the closing duties. Pulled all trash, including outdoor, mucked out the mats, sanitized the registers. 

It was so nice outside, we kept the large door open until 8:45, when my final customer left. HC C went ahead and cleaned me out, and I accidentally ticked off the final customer, who tried to pay with a merch card, but it wasn't his:  His driver's license wasn't attached to it.  He stormed out, and I locked the doors behind him. Returned items to Millwork, Electrical, and Plumbing, then took the trash to Receiving. Put up my vest, then FOUND my dustmop up front!  Took it back down to the Pro desk, then helped one of the overnight guys find the portable turtle-killer.  Clocked out at 9:25.  Hope that still qualifies me for a full 5 hours....

Outfit:  Red ls shirt, B/W light poncho; new dark jeggings, textured gold hoops.

ASM K left at 3:)


Day 215:  $4893 (didn't have to round up or down!  WOW!)

Arrived and took over for B, then did the prelim duties, and swept up a mess in front of the Pro desk. Wasn't too busy at first, due to the rain, but it picked up around 6,  I don't even remember Pro Seth leaving! Jax sent me to break at 7:30, and after retrieving some of the large square bags, I pulled trash, fronted all soda coolers, sanitized registers, and wiped down all 3 counters. Final customer walked out the door at 8:45.  Locked the doors at 9, took the trash to where the hopper normally is, then returned an item to Flooring. Clocked out at 9:15.  ASM K closed, but barely said a word to me.

Outfit:  Gray/black ls tee, black vest, new dark jeggings, LJs, black danglies

Still trying to find out the songlist:
I Knew You Were Waiting For Me (G. Michael/A. Franklin)
Again (Lenny Kravitz)
Not The Only One (Bonnie Raitt)
Budapest (George Ezra)
Hourglass (Squeeze)
Breathe (Faith Hill)
Every Day is A Winding Road (Sheryl Crow)
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause (John Couger Mellencamp...only 1st verse??)
Lessons In Love (Level 42)
You're An Ocean (Fastball)
The Difference (Wallflowers)
Circle In The Sand (Belinda Carlysle-again, only the 1st verse??)
?????
Glory of Love (Peter Cetara)
Here I Am (Bryan Adams)
Shake It Off (Taylor Swift)
Fascination (Human League)
Why Don't You and I (Santana w/Nickleback)
Kiss Me (Sixpence None The Richer)
(Sarah Baralles?  Cobie Callait???)

No comments: