Monday, December 4, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W 41

 Day 170:  $7959 (and 3 cents)

Arrived and took over for Val; before I clocked in, ASM SC told me if I got 10 surveys, he'd give me a $25 GC.  So I was (hoarsely) pushing the QR code at everyone.  At the end of the day, 11 customers scanned it, but only 5 came back for their free drink.  So will see what he says tomorrow.

Around 8:15, Jase came down to look for something, so I asked him to watch the register while I took a pit stop.  My energy level tanked, so I only pulled trash and swept, plus did the soda count. Clocked out at 9:30.  Did get my AP4Me and LU done tonight.

Outfit:  Oatmeal sweatshirt, red NHRA polo, faded jeggings, LJs, small crystal drops


Day 171:  $7138

Arrived and took over for Gabe; did the prelim duties and my LU; wasn't very busy, so went ahead and swept the area, and mucked the mats. Things picked up at 6 and was steady, then Jase sent me to lunch at 6:30. Returned and things had died down, so sanitized the registers, pulled trash, and shuffled the soda. After HC Kait cleaned me out, returned items to Tools, Electrical, Paint, Hardware, and Pets, then took the trash to Receiving's hopper, since Loader A took off with ours when I was just about to reach him. Picked up some trash bags for our area, then went up front. Clocked out at 9:40.

Still no voice, and energy level dropped around 8 again.

Outfit: Burgandy sweater, faded jeggings, LJs, silver diamond danglies


Day 172:   They took away our 3.7 screen; I can no longer track my sales.

Called in Wed and Thurs, due to being exhausted and not feeling well at all.  Went in today; voice is still croaky, but at least my energy's back! Went in 2 hours early, and Gabe took advantage of my being there by taking a pit stop 1st thing, then clocking out at 4:30.  I was exactly slammed, per se, but was very steady.  Thankfully, only one person needed an o/r and ASM Charlie was there. Begged for a pit stop around 7, and ASM Shan came down to cover me. Pulled ALL the trash at 7:30 and swept the floor. Final customer was at 8:45; at 9 I locked the doors and fronted the Pro soda coolers while ASM Shan cleaned me out.  I walked her up front while HC Kait was bringing in concrete and 3 others were bringing in carts. Returned items to Hardware, Batteries, and Plumbing, then put up my vest.  Loader Jax had taken my trash to the hopper.

Only had one customer ask if I was sure I wasn't spreading germs; nearly everyone else told me, "Oh, you've got it too?"

Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Red/black plaid, l/s black tee, black vest, dark jeggings, LJs, small gold hoops

Off tomorrow to hopefully bake some cookies!


Day 173:  Rare Sunday 

Went in early with 18 choc chip and 18 oatmeal-raisin cookies, then bought GCs for family members, plus a puzzle.  Still need to get lighters, batteries, and more lights for next year.

Clocked in and sent Marilyn on break, then was fairly steady. At 4, did the prelim duties, and began sweeping around 6. Bella sent me to break at 6:45, and when I returned, did my LU and pulled trash.  Brought in carts from the sidewalk. Did the soda count, and nearly unloaded on Bella when she put some of the soda away, then told me she was leaving AFTER she saw me mopping up a mess!  (Frappe bottle leaked).  Locked the doors at 8, then finished putting away the soda. Put up my vest, then put away a leftover Coke and Gatorlyte (that I didn't even NEED!), and retrieved my prize (got a credit app) from the tree.  Won Lip Balm and Brownie Brittle, which I gave to ASM SW.

And another thing; after I came back from break, asked B to take a few items back to Hardware.

"Where's Hardware?"

"Aisle 2...just leave it on the desk."  *eye roll*

Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Blue 18 Colts jersey, black l/s tee, dark jeggings, LJs, treble clefs

No comments: