Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W44

 Day 184:

Arrived and took over for Cindy (Kem's in MN). Was busy all the way through 8:30!  Took my lunch at 5. Did the prelim duties, swept some of the floor, and pulled the trash. ASM Charlie brought in the concrete; Loader A took the trash around. HC Kait cleaned me out; clocked out at 9:20.

ASM SW and I 'swapped places' after lunch, since he tried to put my vest on while I was at lunch!  He and ASM Alex came down; I promptly handed the doorknobs and paint to him and told him to take them with him.  Alex laughed!

Outfit:  Red Sarcasm tee, black l/s tee, new faded jeggings, LJs, silver spirals


Day 185:

Arrived and took over for Cindy; did the prelim duties, fronted the soda, and rang up a few customers.  Two of them, I don't know where my brain was; guy (wearing Polo!) handed me $250; for whatever reason, I rang it up as $225, then had to have HC Kait open my drawer.  Two customers later, guy hands me a $20; I rang it up as $16!  Geez....I blamed the Polo, lol....anyway, went to lunch at 5 and everything went smoothly from then on. Pulled trash at 7:30; swept the floor; mucked the mats at 8:30, and locked the doors after the final customer at 9. Loader A brought in the concrete; I took the trash to the hopper and returned items to Plumbing and Fashion Bath. Clocked out at 9:30.

Took 3 doz M&M cookies and they were a hit!  Brought home 3.

Outfit:  Blue Christmas sweatshirt, new faded jeggings,LJs,  thin gold hoops


Day 186:

Arrived and took over for Shelby.  Did the prelim duties, and things were slow for the first 2 hours (it snowed this morning). SM J came down; I told him there were no cookies today, and he 'fired' me, ha ha! Was busy until 7, when I swept and pulled trash, then called HC Britt to see if I was getting any sort of break.  Madi came down, but said she was scheduled to leave at 8, so I took a 20 min break. Afterward, I finished pulling the trash and mucked out the mats. Did my LU. Jase (newly certified) brought in the concrete at 9; I'd locked the doors after the last customer left at 8:57. When HC Britt came to clean me out, I took the trash to the hopper, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:35.

Got a compliment:  Two men were checking out; I asked if they had any special NYE plans.  One says, "He needs a date" and looked at me.  I said I was married, and he replied, "Sorry buddy; I tried."  LMAO!

Finally broke down and called Vincennes Ortho about my left knee. Right knee was acting up a little tonight also.

Outfit:  Red 'Its the Most Wonderful Time Of The Year....Allegedly" tee, black l/s tee, new faded jeggings, LJs, thin gold hoops


Day 187:

Arrived and took over for Cindy, who was VERY HAPPY to see me:)  Did the prelim duties, jokingly told SM J I 'needed rehired...with a raise!" (he laughed!), and asked ASM SC for more hours. He challenged me to get 5 surveys, but the QR code didn't work, so I just asked EVERYONE to help me out.  Hopefully 5 did...I get a GC if I accomplished it! Went to lunch at 6, and when I returned, began sweeping. Pulled trash at 7:30, sanitized the registers and mucked the mats. Locked the doors at 8:57 and after HC Kait cleaned me out, took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest. Clocked out at 9:20.

I'm off tomorrow!!!

Outfit:  New b/wh buffalo check shirt, new faded jeggings, LJs,  black danglies


Day 188:  Rare Sun NYE (2-6:30pm)

Arrived and took over for Austin; did the prelim duties and fronted the soda.  Was fairly steady; went to break around 4:20, and when I returned, pulled trash and swept. Final customer walked in at 5:58 and left at 6. Loader Jax took the trash to the hopper; I locked the doors and ASM SW brought in the concrete. HC Kayla cleaned me out; put up my vest and returned an item to Hardware. Clocked out at 6:30, and went to BW3 for my b-day wings.

Outfit:  Gold glittery shirt, black l/s tee, new faded jeggings, LJs, rhinestone danglies

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments: