Monday, December 11, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W42

 Day 174: 

Arrived with a disturbing intestinal issue; made it safely to bathroom.  Clocked in and took over for Kem, who informed me she was irritated with Gabe; he was reading his book while she was taking care of customers.  She left; G tells me he's taking a break; I handle customers. G returns; at 3:40, I had to return to the restroom.  After I return, G goes again.  At 4, I went back; false alarm.  I return to Pro; G goes AGAIN!  At this point, I was thinking, "Monkey see, monkey do?" Then at 4:47, G announced he was going to go ahead and leave.  Really?  13 mins early?  Fine.  I did the prelim duties and at 5:10, Cindy sent me to lunch.  Afterward, I rang up the rest of the customers, then began sweeping. At 7:30, pulled trash.  8, began mucking out the mats. HC A cleaned me out at 9; I locked the doors and took the trash to the hopper.  Put up my vest and asked Val to return 2 tubes to Paint.  Clocked out at 9:15.

Was PISSED when I found out we're not getting our quarterly bonus!!!

Outfit:  Black/white stripe shirt, black vest, dark jeggings, LJs, antique silver/pearls.


Day 175:

Arrived and took over for Gabe.  Did the prelim duties and started the soda count. Kait sent me to break at 6:30 and when I returned, finished the soda count and began sweeping. Pulled trash at 7:30 and sanitized the registers and counters, and mucked out the mats. Final two customers left at 9; after HC Bre cleaned me out, Kait brought in the concrete. I'd already locked the side doors, so closed the large door and pushed the trash down to the hopper.  Put up my vest and clocked out at 9:30.

Was told I need to talk to Holly about my sick days. Also found out we're getting 4 more self checkouts.

Outfit:  Gray sweater, red NHRA polo, dark jeggings, Ljs, small diamond flowers


Day 176:

Arrived and was about to take over for Gabe when a customer asked me about his order.  G didn't know anything about it, so I told G to wait while I went to see if it was staged anywhere. It wasn't, but when I returned, there was a customer in front of #1 and G standing around. I told my customer I'd find someone to pull his drywall, then told G to turn on my light.  I rang up the customer; G left.  I was a little ticked off; couldn't he have rung up the 2nd customer while I was helping #1?  Or did he have a hot date and had to take off NOW??  Just don't get him..

The rest of the shift went smooth.  Fronted the soda, did the prelim duties, swept the area. Olivia sent me to break at 7:30, and when I returned, pulled trash and discovered Loader A had brought my broom up so I could sweep the pile. Mucked the mats and rang up my final customers at 8:55. Locked the doors; Loader A brought in the concrete; HC Brit cleaned me out. Took the trash to the hopper and returned items to Aisle 50, Plumbing, Paint, and Batteries. Clocked out at 9:30 after taking a box of bags to Pro and filling #1 and 2 bags.

Outfit:  Black/gray l/s tee, black vest, dark jeggings, LJs, blue sapphire hoops


Day 177:

Arrived to discover Gabe had called in.  Did the prelim duties and the soda count; by 6:30, I was sweeping. Rider sent me to break at 7, and when I returned, pulled trash, mucked the mats, and sanitized the registers. Final customers were at 8:50; locked the doors until they pushed the cart up. Loader A took the trash to the hopper, then brought in the concrete.  HC Britt cleaned me out. After I closed the big door, returned an item to Tools, then put up my vest. Since I'd gotten a credit app yesterday, I 'punched' the Christmas tree and won a screwdriver.  Yay me.....clocked out at 9:45.

Outfit:  Maroon plaid, black l/s tee, black vest, dark jeggings, LJs, thin gold hoops


Day 178:  Rare Sat

Arrived and took over for Marilyn, who tells me the place just died.  Hahaha....five minutes later, I have a rush. THEN the rain arrived....and the place died.  Had a few customers, off and on, but time just dragged. Dawson sent me to lunch at 6:30 and when I returned, pulled trash and swept what I could in between the rain tracks. After Matt brought in the concrete at 9, I locked the doors, waited for my final customer to unload his 2 carts before bringing them in and locking the large door.  HC Brit cleaned me out, then took gloves back to Tools and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:50.

Outfit:  Blue Colts 18 jersey, black l/s tee, dark jeggings, LJs, small diamond flowers


Day 179:  Rare Sun

Was a nice, low-key shift.  Arrived and took over for Marilyn and began ringing up customers. Did the prelim duties, and refilled the bags. Around 6, a customer came in to get his large order both Jax and A were working on. Jax had left at 5, and A had gone to lunch. I called ASM Alex, who came down to see what else the customer needed.  Turned out he was putting it on an LAR, so I took the info and began scanning his lumber on Pro J's register, leaving mine open for other customers.  Dawson came down to send me to break as we were nearly finished. Got the customer rang up and on his way. After my break, I fronted the soda, pulled the trash, and had a surprise visit from Will. Locked the doors at 8, then had one final customer. HC Cam cleaned me out; I took the trash to the hopper. Loader A brought in the concrete; I returned items to Paint and Aisle 10.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Mama Claus tee, black l/s tee, dark jeggings, LJs, green bells

Off the next 3 days!

No comments: