Thursday, December 21, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W43

 Day 180: 

Was an hour late, due to running errands with Mom.  Arrived at 5 and took over for HC A. Did the prelim duties and waited on customers, then did the soda count. Incident #1:  Customer asked to cut a 4x4, and was NOT happy when both Charlie and I infomed him we're not allowed to cut those.  Incident #2:  Loader Jax told me there was an injured customer in Aisle 50, so I called ASM M to go investigate. Bella sent me break; I returned items to Tools, Plumbing, and Hardware, then took a pit stop.  B was ringing up Neal, who was the accident victim; he'd whacked his head on plywood sticking out, and was shaky. I made sure he was okay, and told him to take things easy.  Incident #4: Customer's card kept declining, even after double-checking his balance.  Incident #5:  Register #1 malfunctioned during all this, so hopped to #2, and it STILL happened.  Invoiced all but the GC, and sent them up to CS.  Unplugged the pin pad and reset it; rang up more customers on #2, then got back on #1.  After a while, the customers returned, furious b/c 'Robert was rude and dropped an F-bomb'.  I expressed MY shock; customer told me to have a "nice F-ing day" and stormed out.  Come to find out, said customer THREW the GCs at Rob, plus threatened to take him outside, and find his house.  THEN they accused his 'have a lovely day' as 'have a f-ing day' and threw their hissy fit at me.  Rob emailed ASM SCH about his side of the story.

Things calmed down, then Incident #6 happened:  Mr. J had crown moulding which rang up $70; he took a picture of the bin that said $15.  Called HC Brit for an o/r; she called ASM SW, who said he couldn't mark it down that much, but would take off 20%, Mr. J agreed, with the stipulation SW go back and double-check the bin.  SW agreed; Mr. J paid and left.

Incident #7:  Discovered Gabe had left the area before HC A arrived, leaving the registers and doors unattended!  His excuse?  "My shift is over at 4."

Ummmmm.....no, your shift is over when your RELIEF shows up! NOT when your schedule says you're done!

I swept the area, pulled trash, and Bella took it to the hopper, plus all the cardboard. Locked the doors at 9, then waited while ASM SW brought in the concrete.  Clocked out at 9:40.

Outfit:  Santa Tree tee, black l/s tee, new faded jeggings,LJs, stockings


Day 181:

Went in early to not only deliver cookies to the front end as well as SM J, but to get a few items we need, like Command Strips,  3 more pkgs of lights, and another pack of lighters. Clocked in at 4 and did my LU, then Kim paged me to call her. She brought down a bag of white cheddar popcorn:) Took over for Shelby around 4:30 and was busy for an hour.  Did the prelim duties, and the soda count, and remembered I still needed to do my AP4Me!  Got two of them done before HC Britt sent me to break.  Got the trash bags I needed 1st (lg 49"x49") and the medium ones (34"x39"??) and there were no small ones.  Will have to get them tomorrow up at front. Returned and did the rest of my AP4Me, then swept the entire area, pulled trash, and was busy until close.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to sanitize and muck out the mats! Locked the doors after final customer left at 9, and waited until Loader A (who shaved his facial hair....I barely recognized him!...to bring in the concrete and take the hopper around before closing the large door. Returned items to Tools, Lights, and Seasonal, and clocked out at 9:30. 

Picked up Elaine and went to Ash Kickin' Karaoke over in Bridgeport...had a great time, though my voice is still gone.

Outfit:  Naughty List Again tee, black l/s tee, new faded jeggings, LJs, snowman bells  Left the hearing aids at home, ha ha!


Day 182:  Rare Sat 

Arrived and took over for Marilyn.  Reg #1 was out of 1s, 5s, and 10s, so spent the majority of the shift on #2. At my 1st break, I brought back my book and coat; then at 6, Shelby sent me to lunch. Treated myself to McAllister's....brocolli cheese soup and ham and cheese, plus a Brookie. Didn't get my 2nd break. Swept the entire area; did my LU; sanitized the registers and counters. Locked the doors at 9, and returned items to Plumbing and Appliances. Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Naughty, Nice, I Tried tee, black l/s tee, new faded jeggings, Ljs, santa hats


Day 183:  Rare Sun Christmas Eve (3-6:30)

Arrived with cookies for us AND the front end; took over for Austin. Wasn't too busy; did the prelim duties and swept. Dawson sent me to break at 4:30, and when I returned,  began sweeping. Had a 'rush' at 5:30; Nate brought in the concrete, and shut the large door at 5:59. There was a customer who pulled in, but never got out of his car. Returned  items to Hardware, Tools, and Pets. Clocked out at 6:15 and went to Sara's for Christmas with the grandkids.

Outfit:  Red Santa shirt with flowey sleeves; black l/s tee, black jeggings, LJs, green jingle bells

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

No comments: