Monday, February 12, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y5, W51

 Day 214:

Was asked to come in at 4, due to a gap, so did, and took over for Alice, who was more than ready to get the hell out of Dodge. Was busy for an hour, then things slowed down. Did the prelim duties, checked my mail, sent a reminder to Holly, Shannon, and Scott about Wed, did my AP4Me and LU, and fronted the soda. Began sweeping around 6:30. HC Kay sent me to break at 7:30 and when I returned, finished sweeping, pulled the trash, and helped Brighton with a VSP. Mucked the mats and sanitized the registers. Cleaned #1's counter, due to someone having a leaky bag of concrete or grouting. Locked the doors at 9 and returned items to Seasonal and Tools, then went back to Lumber and opened the large door so Jace could bring in the concrete.  Took my trash to the hopper.  After J was done, took the cardboard down, then returned items to Electrical and hung up my vest. Clocked out at 9:35.

Outfit:  Gray hooded sweatshirt, new dark jeggings, LJs, red beaded danglies

Off the next two days to go to Lafayette:)


Day 215:

Arrived to find out Val can't sub for me on Sat. At the end of the shift, HC Kay got a hold of Dawson, who agreed to switch with me. So I'm working for him tomorrow, and he'll work Sunday.  Took over for Alice, then did the prelim duties. Did my LU, and swept the place. Pulled trash at 7:30, then got sent to break. Came back and Val left me some pistachios! Fronted the soda, sanitized the coffee bar. Locked the doors at 9, and checked out my final customer. ASM Charlie brought in the concrete; I took the trash to the hopper. HC Kay cleaned me out; returned items to Plumbing, Millwork, Lights, Appliances, and Hardware. Put up my vest and clocked out at 9:30.

Had a 'family reunion'....D's Aunt Mary and Uncle Joe were there around 6, and his cousin Matt was there around 8:30:)

Outfit:  Dark gray and white striped sweater, new dark jeggings, LJs, black danglies


Day 216: 

Began snowing around 1; had D drive me in. Discovered Alice had called in, so took over for Austin. Rang up a few customers, then HC Britt brought me some 5s and 1s for #1. Gas pains hit; around 5:45 called down and asked if Austin could relieve me.  He arrived after I rang up 3 more customers, then escaped to the bathroom.  Returned a few minutes later, and the place had died down.  Did the prelim duties and my LU, then swept the area. HC Britt sent me to break at 7:30, and when I returned, pulled trash and finished sweeping. Sanitized the registers and coffee bar, and locked the doors at 9. ASM Charlie brought in the concrete and took my trash to the hopper. Put up my vest and went up front; ASM SC said he has my 5 year badge on his desk:)  I'll get it tomorrow.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Red/Black plaid, black l/s tee, faded jeggings, LJs, black crystal wires


Day 217:  Rare Sat

Temps were still cold. Arrived and helped Dawson out (hugged him first as a Thank You for working for me tomorrow!) for an hour before he left at 5. Did the prelim duties and worked up a soda count, intending to fill it before D left, but a crowd arrived.  Helped Matt with a credit app and VSP. Did my LU. Swept the place, and brought in carts from the sidewalk. Amy sent me to break at 7; I took the coffee pot back with me and cleaned it out. Returned and mucked out the mats, pulled trash, sanitized the registers, and had to dismantle the coffee bar to wipe it down, since someone had spilled coffee UNDER the containers. Locked the doors at 9.  When HC Britt cleaned me out, took the trash to the hopper and returned items to Tools, Plumbing, Aisle 12, and Hardware. Put up my vest, then went up front. ASM SC gave me my 5 year patch:)  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Dark gray IN sweatshirt, faded jeggings, LJs, red head wrap, blue fingerless gloves, thin gold hoop and diamond thin gold hoop

Off tomorrow to work the Paint-n-Sip fundraiser for the NYC trip!

No comments: