Monday, February 5, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y5, W50

 Day 208:

Good shift!  Arrived and took over for Cori, then did the prelim duties and began sweeping.  Did my LU and AP4Me, then had a string of customers which kept me busy for about an hour. Had everything swept by 7, and HC Kay sent me to break at 7:15. Returned and fronted the soda, then pulled trash, mucked the mats, and sanitized the registers. Final customer was at 8:50. Locked the doors at 9 and while HC Kay was cleaning out the drawers, took the trash down. Returned items to Tools and Electrical.  Found out Loader A leaves later this week...boo!!!  Clocked out at 9:15.

Outfit:  Black v-neck tunic, yellow plaid vest, new faded jeggings, LJs, teal green rock danglies

Off tomorrow, unless I get called in.  Paul A said he'd stop by to rummage through the brown house, but not holding my breath.  He's told me so many times he'll be by, and has only been by once.  I'll believe it when I see it.


Day 209:

Arrived; Alice was ringing up a customer on #2; Pro Kath was ringing up Corey on #1.  I brought in a few carts, then hopped on Pro J's register to ring up 2 customers until the others were finished. Did the prelim duties, rang up customers, and swept. Loader C was stressed, due to being pulled in 2 directions, and couldn't find a spotter.  He finally found one, only to be told by the customer, "I'm tired of waiting.  I'm going home."  HC Shel sent me to break at 7:30 and when I returned, finished sweeping, pulled trash, and sanitized the coffee bar. Final customer was at 8:40, so locked the left door. Locked the right one at 8:55 and returned items to Hardware, Paint, and Plumbing after walking HC Shel up front. Loader C took the hopper and brought in the concrete; I took a drip edge down to Aisle 52 and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

One of my customers donated $20 to my NCY fund:)

They've also revamped our break room.  New snack kiosk, plus cameras.  Discovered we're getting rid of our 'library'....boo.

Outfit:  Lavandar sweater, black vest, new faded jeggings, LJs, tropical danglies


Day 210:  Mid-50s!

Arrived and took over for Alice, did the prelim duties. Had several large orders, then the place died. Swept half of the area, then did my LU and checked my mail.  We're getting a discretionary bonus in March, on top of the Winning Together (if they pay it out....fingers crossed!).  Helped Loader Charlie with a credit app (customer was approved!).  Swept the rest of the area, then HC Hannah sent me to break at 7:15. Came back and mucked out the mats, then pulled trash. Fronted soda, sanitized the coffee bar. Locked the doors at 8:55 after final customer left. HC H cleaned me out; I took the trash to the hopper. Jeffrey brought in the concrete, then I put up my vest.  Played Plinko for the 2 credit apps I got 2 weeks ago, winning $8 in Lowes Bucks.  Game goes through the end of the month, then we 'cash' them in for whatever.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Burgundy cowl neck sweater, new dark jeggings, silver chains.


Day 211: 65 degrees!

Arrived and had to help a customer before I even got to the register. Had barely logged on when my 1st customer arrived; barely had time to say goodbye to Alice. Gathered the paperwork and her trash, then was slammed for the next 2 hours. HC Britt asked me to do soda; finished it around 8. Rider brought it at 8:15 and sent me to break; when I returned, I finished pulling the trash and putting away the soda. Final customer left at 8:55 with 50 2x4s. Locked the side doors, then Steve brought in the concrete. Returned items to Tools and Aisle 10. Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Blue fleece jacket, white v-neck tunic, new dark jeggings, green studs


Day 212:  Rare Sat

Arrived early and got my LU out of the way. Marilyn took a pit stop; Pro Kath asked me to empty the coffee.  M returned; I took care of the coffee.  M left at 5:30; I did the prelim duties and rang up customers for an hour, then began sweeping.  Pulled trash at 7:30, and mucked the mats, plus sanitized the coffee bar. Final customer left at 8:55. After HC Britt cleaned me out, returned items to Plumbing and Flooring. ASM Charlie took my trash to the hopper and brought in the concrete.

Got a compliment:  Customer A asked me how I stayed cheerful (he witnessed a customer who didn't understand the concept of 'minimum payment'), and they one behind him said "She's like that all the time! We shop here a lot and she's always got a smile on her face and something nice to say."

I thanked him, then told his wife:

-I don't have to hear 'Mo-om'

-I don't have to put up with a grumpy spouse

-I don't have to fix dinner, or clean up

-Lumber is my 'Happy Place'.

She hi-fived me:)

Clocked out at 9:35.

Outfit:  Mama Bear sweatshirt, new dark jeggings, LJs, small gold filigree hoops


Day 213:  Rare Sun Super Bowl Sunday

Arrived and took over for Austin, who did the soda count and filled it, then took his break and brought in carts. Things were fairly steady until 5, when I did the prelim duties, did my LU, swept the entire area, and pulled trash at 5:30. At 6, I discovered my Kindle wouldn't load Paramount, so downloaded the app to my phone just in time for the pre-game stuff. Dawson sent me to break at 6:15; I watched Post Malone sing God Bless America (he did a good job!) and Reba sing the Nat'l Anthem (slightly twangy, but it's Reba!), and the coin toss. Returned, and ASM Alex walked in.  I assured him I'd still take care of the customers; he said, "It's the Super Bowl...." and left the area. Had maybe ten customers between 6:30-8. Locked the doors at 7:55 and let out Loader Jax at 8. HC Hannah cleaned me out; I put up my vest and we watched the Halftime Show with Usher, Alicial Keys, Lil' Jon, Will I Am, and Ludacris. I brought in some carts before the show began, and finished watching in my car after clocking out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Teal green l/s tee, black vest, new dark jeggings, LJs, green 'space ship' danglies

No comments: