Monday, February 26, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y5, W53; Y6, W1

 Day 222: 70s!

Arrived and took over for Pro Kathy, and was busy for the first half hour.   Customer came in, then a few minutes later walked back up, with ASM SC, ASM Ian, and Pro Jeremy.  Turned out, he'd cut himself, not badly, on a sheet of plywood, and had called an ambulance (eye roll-the guy wasn't even BLEEDING profusely!) The paramedics bandaged him up, and he and his family commenced shopping.  At 5pm, things slowed, and I did the prelim duties. I had also asked Loader C to locate my mop, broom, and dustpan, which he did not do. Things ebbed and flowed, and at 6:30, HC Shelby sent me to lunch. Returned 30 mins later and did my LU and AP4Me, PLUS went down and found my dustpan and broom!  Spot-swept, mucked the mats, pulled trash, and locked the doors at 9. When HC Shel cleaned me out, took the trash down and returned items to Millwork, Electrical, Aisle 10, and Hardware.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  B/W LS tee, black vest, dark jeggings, emerald set


Day 223: 70s!

Arrived and took over for Cindy, who informed me Kassidy was fired, due to getting caught vaping in the Fullfillment area. Was busy for the first 90 mins, then started the prelim duties and filled out the soda sheet. Around 5:30, did my LU.  Madi sent me to lunch at 7, and when I returned, pulled trash and started spot-sweeping. Filled the soda coolers and locked the doors at 9. HC Kay cleaned me out; I took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest. Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  B/W poncho, red V-neck LS tee, dark jeggings, ruby studs


Beginning Year 6!

Day 1: 30s....ugh

Arrived and took over for Pro Kathy.  Saw a 2 y/o Norwegian Elkhound!  Forgot my hearing aids, and misunderstood a tax exempt account, and ended up sending him to CS. Alice left at 4, and the place died, so did the prelim duties and spot-swept.  Did my LU at 5 and brought in carts from the sidewalk. Met the new loader, Ethyn. Ran out of $1s and HC Hannah brought them at 6, then sent me to lunch. When I returned, had a 'rush'. Fronted the soda, pulled trash at 7:30, and dusted the top of the ice machine, the soda coolers, the coffee bar, and all counters. At 9, locked the doors. HC Kay cleaned me out; ASM Charlie brought in the concrete; I took the trash to the hopper, then returned items to Electrical. Put up my vest and clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Blue crewneck Cabella's sweatshirt, dark jeggings, LJs, pink TAB cans

Am off the next 4 days, with the exception of the mandatory store meeting on Sunday:)


Day 2:  Store Meeting on Sunday

Arrived and clocked in, then went to Receiving and sat with Amy, Kerrie, and Marilyn. Ate a hamburger, chips, and honeydew, and drank water.  Learned ASM SC is taking over Gareth's spot over Pro!!  ASM Shan is taking SC's slot over the front end.  Whoot!  Not the toxic manager that was rumored!!!!

Won a hand gun case in the drawing and we were are given T-shirts, travel coffee cups, keychains, pins, and hats (I declined mine).

Was good to see people I don't get to see regularly....Adrianna, Pam, and some of the other day shift people.

No comments: