Monday, February 19, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y5, W52

 Day 218:  Temps mid 40s

Arrived and hugged Pro Jeremy, since he lost his brother last week in a tragic accident. Took over for Alice, and was busy for 30 mins, then did the prelim duties, fronted the soda, did my AP4Me and LU, then started my yearly LSR refresher course. Didn't finish until 7:45, due to ringing up customers. HC Kay sent me to break, and when I returned, swept the area, pulled the trash, mucked the mats, and sanitized the registers. Locked the doors at 9. ASM Shan cleaned me out; I walked her up front and returned items to Paint and Hardware, then went back, put the trash in the hopper (Jase had already brought in the concrete), and put up my vest.  Then didn't remember if Shan had gotten the paperwork, so went back down, and retrieved it.  Clocked out at 9:25.

Also got an 'atta girl' email from ASM Shannon, since my 5 year anniversary is next week.

Outfit:  Blue striped sweater, faded jeggings, LJs, blue filigree danglies


Day 219: Temps Mid 50s

Arrived and took over for Marilyn, who was puzzled by a glitch in the system when a customer tried to use his card. Backed out of the screen and had him redo it; worked fine.  She was happy to be out of there!  After the line was done, did the prelim duties, then was slammed until after 5. Fronted soda and did the count, then took the Monster count. Began sweeping, then was busy again. HC Kay sent me to break at 7 and when I returned, put away the soda and did my LU, plus requested off my April Choir dates. Sanitized the counters and coffee bar and pulled trash. Locked the doors at 8:55.  HC Kay cleaned me out; Loader C brought in the concrete, then took my trash to the hopper. Put up my vest and paid for my GS cookies from Theresa.  Clocked out at 9:40.

Outfit:   Brown blouse, black l/s tee, faded jeggings, brown cluster danglies



Day 220: Temps in the mid-60s!

Arrived and took over for Kem.  Did the prelim duties, and brought in carts.  Did my LU, printed off my paystub, and requested March 23rd off. Was slightly busy between 4-5, then began sweeping at 5:30. Rider sent me to break at 7, but before I could leave, had to double-check the price of a door AND find the 23/32nds plywood for a customer. Finally clocked out at  7:20. After I returned, finished sweeping, mucked the mats, pulled the trash, and sanitized the registers.  Final customer left after 9, then I cleaned out the coffee pot, put up my vest, and returned an item to Hardware.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Blue sparkly shirt, faded jeggings, blue marble danglies


Day 221:  Rare Sat

Arrived and took over for Austin. Was busy for half an hour, then did the prelim duties and my LU. Began sweeping at 6:30. Fronted soda. Pulled trash at 7:30; Amy sent me to break at 8. Returned and finished sweeping, then sanitized the coffee bar. When Loader C was bringing in the concrete, there were still 2 people in our area.  Went up and asked if they knew we were closed; they looked surprised, but headed up front to join the rest of their family. I locked the doors and shut the large door after C finished. Returned items to Tools, Hardware, and Plumbing. Put up my vest and clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Blue hooded Cabella's sweatshirt, dark jeggings, LJs, diamond stud and diamond heart stud

No comments: