Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y6, W33

 Day 136: Chilly, low 60s

Arrived and took over for Ivree.  Was fairly steady until 7, then was able to do the prelim duties.  Had to seriously bite my tongue when a man wearing an "H-W" political tee came through; I said something snarky to the next customer after the man was out of earshot, but can't remember what I said!  Had another customer hand me his $405 one bill at a time, so my sense of humor kicked in, and handed back his change, one bill at a time (he's a regular, ha ha!)! HC Kay sent me to break at 7:30, and when I returned, pulled trash, then helped Trevor ring up a customer with 5 carts! Swept the area, and helped a Pro customer save $$ by running his order through VSP, which he didn't know he was eligible for.  I said, "This is when you say 'thank you Molly'.....he grinned and did so. When I locked the doors later, I discovered he'd left his grout behind. Pulled it inside and stuck a note on it....just as HC Kay called me and asked about it.  After Loader Joe took my trash and brought in the concrete, and HC Kay cleaned me out, I returned items to Tools and Flooring, then put up my vest and took the cart full of grout up front, stashing it in the Fulfillment area.  Clocked out at 10:30.

We're also playing Front End Bingo, but it has to be cover all.  *blows raspberry* I've already got one across, but don't think I'll EVER get the Cover All. I did complete all 3 crosswords, with HC Kay's help.  Think I get a Starbucks coffee, but since I don't like it cold, I'll snag a candy bar.

We also received a small lunch box with a soup or coffee mug, charging bank, keychain, and socks.

Outfit:  Bless This Mess sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, large zirconians


Day 137:



Day 138:

No comments: