Monday, November 26, 2007

Kicking into High Gear...

Word Count: Did it!! 3031! Was going to treat myself to Barbara Huffert's e-book...but I need to go to bed. Hubby was rained out, as expected, and so I've been working on this all day, in shifts. Tomorrow should be more of a 'normal' day for me. But just knowing I'm capable of spitting out 3000 words feels great! I'm going to post it on my NaNo site and get some rest:)

I posted my word count on yesterday's blog...2634:) Fell short of the goal of 3000, but decided to check out some intriguing excerpts posted on LoveRomanceCafe, and was soon chatting away with the author and other authors online:) And just when I decided to get cracking on my remaining 400 words, hubby pointed out it was 10:30; daughter was trying to sleep, and if I didn't get offline in the next 10 seconds, he was shutting off the power strip to the computer. So I logged off and went to bed.

Am heading down to the shower as soon as I post. I have to make several calls today, one especially to finally find a temporary family doctor. I have a kid with strep throat, and he needs a follow-up this week, before his swim meet on Saturday. And taking him to Indianapolis to our regular doctor isn't practical this week! Why has it taken me so long? Who knew we'd still be down here? Not that I'm anxious for the MIL to die...but I happen to love my family doctor, and his b-day is on Thursday...he's 20 days older than me, and I always tease him about it!

I'm also determined to accomplish that NaNo goal of 50K word ms by Friday. So in keeping with my determination, I'm cutting the rambling short, and after my shower and calls are made, I'm working steadily on that wip until my fingers bleed, or my 3000+ words for the day are finished!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that we should all start including our blogging toward our word counts. Our blogs are creative, and the point is to write the 50K words. We do not have to write it all in one body of work. We could also include our comments on others blogs in our word counts. I have not done this yet, but I think that if I did, I would be far above the goal by now.

Cheers!
Dakota

Molly Daniels said...

That's a great idea! I know I'd make it that way:)

I was going to also count my words on my other wip, #8 in the series. But this current one is taking all my creative juice. Maybe after the holidays I can buckle down and get it written.

Unknown said...

so do you actually submit that NaMo-whatever book somewhere after all this?

Molly Daniels said...

We submit it for an official word count. After that, we are free to do with it as we please:)

Brynn Paulin said...

Good luck on your NANO goal!! If I could count my blogs, I think I'd be there already.

Molly Daniels said...

Going strong at 2479 so far...have to stop to fix dinner, darn it!

Sandra Cox said...

I think 2600+ is pretty damn good!
You go girl.
Sandra