Sunday, November 18, 2007

Still Flying High...

7:45 am-Total word count for Fri, Sat: 1370. Not bad; not great. Keep checking back as I'll post the total for today.

Earlier this month, I grumbled about how anything I earn always ends up going fot other people. So yesterday, I took some of my well-earned money and bought another author's book and one of the blueberry-scented candles I've been drooling over! And then once I had placed my slow-cooked pork chops in the refrigerator, eaten the well-deserved pizza, posted my success online, and gotten the baby settled for the evening, I slipped into my comfortable clothes and started pecking away at the wip.

And then my daughter told me her ear was hurting badly.

I gave her some Tylenol; an hour later, she was still on the verge of tears, so took her to the ER. Thankfully, the baby was asleep and my 'other daughter', the one who shows up frequently on weekends and sometimes after school, agreed to baby-sit.

Verdict? Yes...Ear infection. And as an added bonus, I was able to see the finale of The Next Iron Chef:) And successfully picked the winner! So the last of my cash earnings went for antibiotics and Vicodin. Monday, I will make a trip to the bank and cash the checks...and return to the downtown area and buy some gifts for myself and for others:)

Hubby and oldest son are due home this afternoon. Then I will transform from Molly the author to Molly the Laundry goddess and spend the rest of the day washing that man's clothing so I can pack him back to work at 4 am tomorrow! And according to him, he may get rained out on Wednesday, so he'll be able to spend 5 whole days at home.

Hmmm...check out http://www.amarindajones.blogspot.com/. AJ's not waiting around for me to send hubby to fix her driveway; she's having it chip-n-sealed ("natural rock stuff") tomorrow! Pop over to http://www.annycook.blogspot.com/ and read her words on being thankful. And as always, check out the weekly quote on http://www.kkirch.blogspot.com/.

In the mood for some good news? Bronwyn's cat is proving that love is a healer on http://www.bronwyngreenblog.blogspot.com/. Stop by and send Small some well-wishes:)
Enjoy:)

9 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Aw. Sorry to hear girls night in had to be postponed. Hope your daughter's feeling better and you can arrange another one soon.

Phoenix said...

Isn't that how it goes? The men pay their manly debts and pocket some. The ladies have to use their cash for everything else and rarely keep change on them.

Unknown said...

It's natural rock stuff and i refuse to believe different

Brynn Paulin said...

I hope the kiddo is feeling better soon. Ear infections suck. :-(

Molly Daniels said...

Hahahaha...she's milking this pain in the ear...lays on the couch for longer than necessary after the drops; but she's doing my cross-stitch for me:)

AJ, D wants to know why you're depriving him of the chance to visit you...and if the drive is already concrete, and how long...and what size rock is being put down? He guesses either 53's or crushed stone...

Unknown said...

It's rock and the driveway is - holding my hands out wide - this big

Carol Preflatish said...

Keep up the great work, Molly. You're doing great with your word count.

Anny Cook said...

Ear infections suck. I had one a few years back. Doc looked in my ears as tears trickled down my cheeks...patted me on the back and told me I was about thirty years too late as this kind of infection was usually the kind two year olds get. That made me feel so much better!

As for money. I'm still waiting to spend mine on me.

Bronwyn Green said...

I hope your daughter feels better soon - poor little bug.