Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The High Road...

Currently Reading: Standing Firm, by Dan Quayle. In the past few days, I've learned a lot about past Presidential administrations. I didn't pay too close attention until I started watching the news in the early '90s. And with this writer's strike going on, my television viewing has dwindled to One Tree Hill on Tuesdays and the news in the morning, as well as my 90210 reruns on Saturday morning. Of course, in February, I'll be back watching Surviver and maybe Big Brother...

How do we respond when someone tries to tear us down? I'll admit; I used to react with knee-jerk anger and shock. But lately, I've been stepping back and taking the time to think it through.

Why get defensive? To shoot back in anger usually solves nothing, except bad feelings all around. And if you're like me, when I do erupt, anything is bound to come out, half of which I don't even remember after I've cooled off. But the other person remembers...and holds it against me.

So I take a step back and ask myself, is there a grain of truth in what the person is saying? Maybe the concept is there; it just came out wrong.

Four important words I've tried to instill in my kids when faced with any decision: What Would Jesus Do? Remember those bracelets and necklaces that were so popular a while back, WWJD? I think they need a comeback.

I also like PUSH...Pray Until Something Happens. It can be a change of attitude on both sides; the arrival of an unexpected champion; an opportunity for redemption.

Whatever it is, the more people who practice these two little phrases, the better off the world would be today.

And of course, I cannot forget my 3rd favorite, FROG...Fully Rely On God.
He's the one who gave me these gifts; hopefully, I'm using them in the right way.

5 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Have a good evening, Mol.
Sandra

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks! We're psyched that One Tree Hill is back on again:)

Unknown said...

Wow, where are going with all this? Someone pissed you off, Moll? Was it me? You can tell me. Though, mind you I am too sweet to piss anyone off.

Molly Daniels said...

No, wasn't you:) Hormones running wild...

Bronwyn Green said...

I understand the wild hormones...I'd like to find a nice barn for them somewhere until they start behaving themselves again.